I stayed at the Palms Resort with my girlfriend for a week at the end of June. We had some problems checking in but all went well after that. I had read all the reviews that this is basically just a 2 story motel, but we thought it was a little nicer than just a standard motel room. Plenty of room and a little kitchenette area with a bigger fridge than we thought. Decent firm bed with a pillowtop I believe. Plenty of cupboard space but nothing in them. Some silverware and dishes would have been nice. I also recommend getting some suction cup shelves for the showers. There's no where to put shampoo or soap. My biggest complaint is the water though. The tap water on the island is the worst I've ever experienced. Showering, brushing teeth, or ordering a water from the cafe was the worst part of our stay. I highly recommend that management get an RO water filtration system for the whole place. What a difference that would make. The pool is small and kept very warm. It was great for an early morning or late evening swim but too warm to cool off in the heat of the day. The cafe was pretty good but a little over priced. They had the best burgers of any place place we tried with thick crispy bacon and the fries are outstanding. They seemed almost deep fried. Breakfasts were also very good. Excellent pancakes and real maple syrup. Certainly better than the top ranked Yummies Bistro which had fake syrup. You can't trust some the reviews on here. A lot of them have got to be faked. A couple of the smoothies we ordered were a bit warm and gritty though, while others were good. I do NOT recommend trying to catch a buzz here. The beer choices are poor and the drinks are weak. The best part of this place is the location. It is a little crammed with condos on both sides but the view and the beach are still spectacular. You can't see the ocean from your room window but all you have to do is step outside the door. I recommend the 2nd floor on the right side for the best view. All in all this is a nice little place. We could have stayed at a nicer place or a cheaper place but we couldn't find a nicer place for cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island