While 'resort' may be a little grand for the size of this hotel, it's a very pleasant place to stay by the beach. The rooms are small suites on the order of an efficiency apartment, nicely decorated, clean , and comfortable.
The freshly painted canary walls are hung with unique paintings and prints with a beach theme. Curtains and lampshades display tropical leaf motifs. The sofa-sleeper in the sitting room is small and firm but serviceable.
The place is quiet and relaxing.
The Cafe on the Beach is a fun little spot to eat or drink within sight and hearing of the surf.
The beach is a short walk across the dune, and of course it is the finest in Texas, with clean sand and beautiful aquamarine water.
Padre Island Brewing, the execellent pub, is a few blocks walk toward the bay.
We were a little non-plussed to arrive to find the sign out front advertising a rate much lower than the one we got with our online reservation. Vouchers for a shrimp basket were a small consolation. Next time we'll call ahead a few days in advance. Even so, our online rate was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island