I've stayed here twice. It hasn't changed. It is exactly what you would expect for $99 at a resort city. We rented a kitchenette. It had no flatware, one plate, a few cooking pans. Period. Asked for and got flatware, one plate more, two bowls. Good thing I brought salt. Stove in a nook behind a counter. Good thing I'm not too large.
The "best" part was the beds. Both had a separate foam top that kept slipping off the bed. By morning, a quarter of it was hanging over. Sleep carefully.
The AC was moldy but worked well. The shower was fine, but very tiny. Second day, they left us one towel. Asked for and got more.
Staff is very nice and helpful. The bar and restaurant attached are great. The weekend singer, Leslie, is fantastic.
Sand on floor to be expected. Come on - it's Padre. Beach access if fantastic - just walk out the boardwalk.
I'm not sure if I would stay there again. I'd probably pay more for a nicer place next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surf Motel is a beach motel located directly on the beach with access to a long boardwalk so your feet wont burn walking on the hot sand, definately a bonus during our hot summer months! All of our rooms have two double beds, microwave, fridge, sitting area, phone, cable, free wifi, and air conditioning. We have complimentary grills available on our large sun deck right outside the rooms with mulitple seating areas. Our motel has two floors with a large balcony on the 2nd level with a great view of the Gulf. We also have a full bar and resturaunt located right on site, and live entertainment Saturday and Sunday (wether permitting) Swimming pool and beach volleyball courts located right on the beach and we are walking distance to the Islands Entertainment District (Louies, Laguna Bobs, Tequila Sunset, Coconuts), Dining and Shopping. We are smack dap in the center of the island and every where you want to be. The island also offers free bus rides (The Wave)and there is a bus stop right out front of the motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Surf Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf Motel South Padre Island
- Surf Hotel South Padre Island