“outdoor heaven!!!!!”

South Padre Motel
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
“outdoor heaven!!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

me and my wife stayed here for the weekend. I love the outside area great pool and barbecue area.the room was great very spacious and even had a stove and fridge.the workers are very polite and always waved to us as we passed.we came from San Antonio on our two day stay on South Padre Island, and we would definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank adamjr267985

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay over the 4th weekend and could not have been more upset over this hotel. Our original hotel accidentally overbooked and we were forced to stay here for 2 nights.
Cons:
Fridge is moldy (they unplug it when previous guests leave)
Kitchen is unusable (rusty and cabinets don't close)
AC cools 1/2 the room (freezing when on and hot when off)
Mattresses are thin and uncomfortable
Trash from previous guests was found under the bed
Roaches....Lots of them....4 found in the room.....(Wife slept in the car the 2nd night)

Pros:
It is on S Padre
Pool was acceptable (once I cleaned it myself)

I have stayed at many hotels, motes, and resorts around the world. As I am a budget traveler, I have fairly low expectations. This met none of them. I feel the owners have given up entirely until the health department shuts them down. I am in the process of trying to contact the owner to air my grievances since this hotel almost ruined my vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Serat808

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Good rates,,good pool,needs music in pool area..good location,,we will go back in a heart beat

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Louielongoria
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2004

There were 9 girls to share 2 rooms on our trip to Padre. THe staff was wonderfull and surprisingly enjoyed our nudity on the camera overlooking the hot tub :) When we were there, there was most definitely never a dull moment!! We've been to Padre several times before and stayed at the most popular hotels and resorts and this was our favorite place to stay!!!!! -jessica, whitney, haley, nicole b., tracy, shayla, nicole g., tiffany, laura

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2003

This unique motel is a paradise in itself. The atmosphere is true Tex-Mex. Southern Texas hospitality at it's best. The staff was wonderful and made us feel comfortable and welcomed. The other guests were from a range of cultures and also seemed to be relaxed and enjoying themselves. It was contageous. Our room had a microwave and more important, a nice cold fridge to store those essentials. The courtyard pool/jacuzzi/patio area is enclosed and child friendly. The pool was sparkling, only second to the South Padre Stars which are beautiful when viewed from the patio jacuzzi. My son and I enjoyed our stay.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member