“Island Inn the place to be”
Review of Wanna Wanna Inn

Wanna Wanna Inn
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
A TripAdvisor Member
“Island Inn the place to be”
Reviewed June 22, 2004

Island Inn on the Beach is a small Motel compared to some of the large ones around it-but it makes it nice because its easy to just walk out to the beach, the pool, or the tiki bar--we loved it so much we stayed an extra night. The staff was real nice-and the food at the Wanna Wanna was great too.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed June 3, 2004

The checkin people were absolutely RUDE. The rooms were filthy and they didn't seem to care about anything. The food was horrible. I can't say enough bad things about this place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed April 13, 2004

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE ISLAND INN OFFERS HORRIBLE AND UNCARING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!My daugheter made reservations for a five night stay in April of 2004. She had her bags packed and was very anxious to go when one day prior to arrival her grandfather had a massive stroke and died. My daughter called the Island Inn and cancelled her reservation.
My daughter was told that due to policy she would be charged $89.67 on her credit card due to cancelling so soon to the reservation date. Upon hearing this and due to the unique situation I decided to call the Island Inn on 04/14/2004 and see if they would consider waiving the charge. I explained the situation and let them know about the death and was informed that she should have called and let them know 10 days prior to the reservation date. I again explained that her grandfather had just died this very morning and there was no way possible that she could have called ahead. I asked if they please would be considerate and waive the fee bedcause my daughter has limited income. They said absoulutely not. I mentioned that this was not very customer focused and the Island Inn representative acted as if he did not care about this at all. My wife called a short while later and again was told by a man claiming to be the manager that we should have let them know "10 days" in advance. My wife patiently explained (once again) that with the sudden death my daughter could not possibly have known and would they please consider waiving the fee due to my daughters's limited income. The manager then said the we should have called at least "two days" ahead to let them know. Again, my wife said the with the sudden death in the family there was no way to call ahead. THE MANAGER THEN HUNG UP THE PHONE ON MY WIFE. Whatever happened to proper care and customer focus and customer service??? Would it have been such and injustice or financial burden for the Island Inn to waive the charge and keep a customer satisfied??? My daughter is planning to reschedule her trip to South Padre in the Fall of 2004.....There is NO WAY that she would ever consider staying here again. My wife and I travel to South Padre and have always been treated with respect and excellent customer service while there...until now....I strongly suggest that the Island Inn puts more of a premium on customer focus and keeping existing and potential customers happy.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2004

We stay at the Island Inn whenever we are in South Padre. We enjoy the mom& pop atmosphere and the Wanna Wanna club is the greatest. The staff at the hotel and the club are terrific and I never hesitate to recommend both to my friend and family.

We are planning another trip to the island this summer and will definitely be staying at the Island Inn.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2004

Upon arrival we were very unhappy with what was discribed to us as an Oceanside view. For over $100.00 a night we had to share a balcony and look across a parking lot to see the ocean. Later in the bar, we saw at least 4 very large cockroaches on the counter tops and one on the balcony outside our room. We were so disgusted that we packed our bags and went back to the Holiday Inn. The manager refused to reimburse us our money and I found out they charged me for the room a week before we checked in. I wasn't able to stop payment on my account. From now on I will only stay at a 3 star hotel that is clean, gives excellent service and fantastic views.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2004

Really enjoyed the laid-back attitude of the ISLAND INN. In spite of my presenting a rather unplanned & erratic schedule,the hotel staff were willing to go to whatever lengths to accommodate & assure a pleasent stay.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2003

I spent the weekend at the Island Inn earlier this month. The Inn is small (24 rooms on 2 floors) but quaint and clean. The cheery rooms are decorated in a Carribbean-type motif with murals on the wall and painted furniture. My room had an awesome view of the beach, as do most of the rooms there. There was a small refrigerator and microwave and even a ceiling fan in the bathroom! The beach bar, Wanna Wanna, serves great food and drinks and the people-watching is the best. The Island Inn is convenient to beach sports, fine restaurants and within walking distance of a day spa for all your resort-type amenities. I will happily stay there again the next time I am in South Padre Island.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member