See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2007

My husband and our two small children booked a stay here for our vacation. When we arrived, the staff was rude and disrespectful to us
and the hotel was only partially air conditioned(the hallways were incredibly hot). The room was dirty and the balconies were unsafe for
our two year old. The bathroom had half a shower curtain. We tried to
leave and stay elsewhere; however the desk clerk told us that our credit card was being run regardless of our displeasure and desire to stay. She screamed at us in front of our small children, but finally told us that our card was not run. When we retured home, the card WAS run without our authorization and we had to settle through the dispute department with the credit card. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and I have never been treated so poorly. Stay ANYWHERE else. I would rather have slept in my car!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MississippiMomofTwo
Reviewed February 24, 2006

Well due to the COLD weather at the time of our stay we only booked in for 1 night at this hotel.
We did enjoy the layout of the room - 3rd floor corner room with 2 beds, balcony overlooking the beach.....
The flooring/carpets in hotel and rooms could use a good shampooing or be replaced.
The rate was affordable.
Staff were friendly and cordial.

We would probably book again and recommend to family/friends in the future...

B & J Walker
bwalker6@telus.net
Wells Gray Country
BC, Canada

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank PJWALKER13
Reviewed January 9, 2006

I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels properties, being a shareholder. I've probably been in 50+ Comfort Inns and Quality Inns (similar brands) over the last 7-8 years, so I'm familiar with its standards.
This was the first hotel that ever motivated me to complain to Choice Hotels (it took a while, but they finally offered to comp me a night).
Staff was rude at worst, perfunctory at best.
Housekeeping skipped our room one day.
They skipped our room the next day too! And we have a sneaking suspicion, and some logical inferences, that management did this on purpose because we complained about the first day.
Ants in the room - bed, sofa.
Breakfast "room" is a little nook - definitely not up to the brand's standards.
Staff's kids seem to play right in front of the entrance, and hang out behind the front desk. I prefer to deal with adults who keep their brats out of sight.
I think Choice does a good job of kicking out franchisees who don't measure up. Hopefully this hotel will be going independent, if not out of business entirely, very soon.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank FarAway23774
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Security treat the guests like children. Employees were rude. The fridges freeze everything.

• Stayed: March 2004
4  Thank Voyager19699
Reviewed September 7, 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn on S. Padre for two nights during a recent fishing trip. The room was nice with two double beds and clean. I paid $118 total for two nights (includes all taxes and charges) through expedia. Our room had complimentary high-speed internet access (not wireless). Wireless Internet access was only provided in the lobby. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. Overall, it was a nice clean hotel and I would stay there again.

Things they could have improved on:

1) The complimentary breakfast was below par for this type of hotel. I drank the juice and coffee and had Cherios. The donuts were bad. I also had toast. Those were about the only options.
2) The AC was off when we entered the room (late-August), so it was about 100 degrees. But it cooled off in a couple of hours.

6  Thank RedfisherHouston_TX