See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2006

Well due to the COLD weather at the time of our stay we only booked in for 1 night at this hotel.
We did enjoy the layout of the room - 3rd floor corner room with 2 beds, balcony overlooking the beach.....
The flooring/carpets in hotel and rooms could use a good shampooing or be replaced.
The rate was affordable.
Staff were friendly and cordial.

We would probably book again and recommend to family/friends in the future...

B & J Walker
bwalker6@telus.net
Wells Gray Country
BC, Canada

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank PJWALKER13
Reviewed January 9, 2006

I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels properties, being a shareholder. I've probably been in 50+ Comfort Inns and Quality Inns (similar brands) over the last 7-8 years, so I'm familiar with its standards.
This was the first hotel that ever motivated me to complain to Choice Hotels (it took a while, but they finally offered to comp me a night).
Staff was rude at worst, perfunctory at best.
Housekeeping skipped our room one day.
They skipped our room the next day too! And we have a sneaking suspicion, and some logical inferences, that management did this on purpose because we complained about the first day.
Ants in the room - bed, sofa.
Breakfast "room" is a little nook - definitely not up to the brand's standards.
Staff's kids seem to play right in front of the entrance, and hang out behind the front desk. I prefer to deal with adults who keep their brats out of sight.
I think Choice does a good job of kicking out franchisees who don't measure up. Hopefully this hotel will be going independent, if not out of business entirely, very soon.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank FarAway23774
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Security treat the guests like children. Employees were rude. The fridges freeze everything.

• Stayed: March 2004
4  Thank Voyager19699
Reviewed September 7, 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn on S. Padre for two nights during a recent fishing trip. The room was nice with two double beds and clean. I paid $118 total for two nights (includes all taxes and charges) through expedia. Our room had complimentary high-speed internet access (not wireless). Wireless Internet access was only provided in the lobby. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. Overall, it was a nice clean hotel and I would stay there again.

Things they could have improved on:

1) The complimentary breakfast was below par for this type of hotel. I drank the juice and coffee and had Cherios. The donuts were bad. I also had toast. Those were about the only options.
2) The AC was off when we entered the room (late-August), so it was about 100 degrees. But it cooled off in a couple of hours.

6  Thank RedfisherHouston_TX
Reviewed July 27, 2005

I took a group to this hotel and found it be a great find considering the cost of nearby hotels, you can not beat the average cost per room of $110 in the middle of summer. The facility itself is bright, airy, and clean. The whole ground level floor is tiled which is great considering the salt, sand, and water that comes through the doors each day from people.
I would certainly recommend the rooms that face the marina and pool due to the balconies and the pleasant view. The rooms themselves are very spacious and some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a chain hotel. The room I stayed in on the fourth floor had a safe and refigerator as well which was a nice bonus.
The huge breakfast room on the fourth floor with balcony seating was certainly more appealing than the actual breakfast but it got the job done. The location itself is very easy to find but will require a walk to the beach. We were very pleased with the pool and outdoor hot tub as well as the showers to come back to after swimming in the ocean.
Finally, I can not say enough at how helpful the staff was concerning good places to eat on the island or assisting us with extra towels or other needs. I would recommend others to stay at the Quality Inn and would myself again on another visit.

11  Thank pvilletraveler