“Dont Stay Here”

Blue Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We went to this motel to be at a wedding on the beach during our stay the rooms did not stay cool at nite the motel had to have fans blowing on the elevator componets and got stuck in the elevator for at least five minutes when the elevator finally took off again from the bottom floor carring us back up the fourth floor where we started to begin with it felt like the elevator was dropping every time we passed a floor when we talked to the hotel staff they acted like it was funny and it happrned all the time could not talk to the manager building inspection was out of date and when we finnally got to talk to the manager she said it was not her problem and we needed to gat some common sense ( by the way there was 2 small childern on the elevator when this happened ) this was going on all weekend and noone seemed to care that we had several elderly people there for the wedding that was staying on the 2nd,and 3rd floor that had to get in this elevator also

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank larryharvey36

Reviewed October 14, 2009

The hotel was wonderful! Clean rooms with balconies overlooking the pool and bay. There was a bar by the pool with music keeping the place lively all day long. There was also a fun night club on the fourth floor. The staff was not extremely helpful and there seemed to be a large amount of hidden fees but it was one of the best vacations of my life. I wouldn't suggest bringing kids since it was Spring Break. The entire island was flooded with college students and the best parties I've been to.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This property was grand when it was built, and as you see in previous review of Hotel on the Bay, Knight Inn, and now Blue Bay Inn, it has it's share of issues. Rooms are nice sized, cleanliness is 50% of what it could and should be, breakfast is mediocre, and desk staff is working for themselves, not you. Beach is quite a walk to get to. Pool was cloudy and hot tub was yellow. This could be a great place with some $$$ & hard work.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I recently put my folks at this hotel while I was stationed in South Padre Island. I checked out all the hotels on the island and the Blue Bay Inn was by far the best of the moderate hotels. The hotel has been recently remodeled and looks fantastic. The staff was friendly and the room was very nice and clean. We opted for a King Suite that turned out to be an excellent choice. The room was very large with LCD panel, small kitchen and even a table and chairs. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a very nice option not on the beach. The prices are fantastic!! Best on the island from what I could see. The hotel is across the street from McDonalds and on the bay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I would recommend this venue to an enemy. From the moment we checked it the front desk was "out of it". They lost our reservation (we booked online: be ware) we patiently waited for them to get it together with not so much as an apology. When we finally made it to our room it was NOT AT ALL what we expected. The furniture is old and outdated (like log cabin type furniture) there was suppose to be a jacuzzi type tub in the bathroom.....I guess that got lost with our reservation too. The carpet was old and dingy I didn't even wanna take my shoes off. Housekeeping never left you enough towels and the air/heat barely worked. To everyone reading this review stay far, far, far away from this hotel. I couldn't wait to get out of this roach motel!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WillPwr
Reviewed July 3, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for our 10 year anniversary for 2 nights. We enjoyed our stay there. The hotel is small (only about 60 rooms, 15 per floor x4 floors) so we were the only ones on the 4th floor. We really liked that the pool was open past 1am and our room was very clean and had plenty of towels. We had ZERO problems other than some construction noise the morning we checked out (but not until around 10am). Apparently the hotel is about to open a lounge/bar on the 4th floor overlooking the bay side of the island. Staff was friendly and helpful in getting discount Schlitterbahn tickets. We will stay again and bring the kids next time.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 14, 2007

The staff was friendly, and so very helpful. I am a mother and i was traveling alone and they went out of their way to make my stay a great experience. I will stay with them again. The room was very clean and adorible.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)