See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Security treat the guests like children. Employees were rude. The fridges freeze everything.

• Stayed: March 2004
4  Thank Voyager19699
Reviewed September 7, 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn on S. Padre for two nights during a recent fishing trip. The room was nice with two double beds and clean. I paid $118 total for two nights (includes all taxes and charges) through expedia. Our room had complimentary high-speed internet access (not wireless). Wireless Internet access was only provided in the lobby. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. Overall, it was a nice clean hotel and I would stay there again.

Things they could have improved on:

1) The complimentary breakfast was below par for this type of hotel. I drank the juice and coffee and had Cherios. The donuts were bad. I also had toast. Those were about the only options.
2) The AC was off when we entered the room (late-August), so it was about 100 degrees. But it cooled off in a couple of hours.

6  Thank RedfisherHouston_TX
Reviewed July 27, 2005

I took a group to this hotel and found it be a great find considering the cost of nearby hotels, you can not beat the average cost per room of $110 in the middle of summer. The facility itself is bright, airy, and clean. The whole ground level floor is tiled which is great considering the salt, sand, and water that comes through the doors each day from people.
I would certainly recommend the rooms that face the marina and pool due to the balconies and the pleasant view. The rooms themselves are very spacious and some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a chain hotel. The room I stayed in on the fourth floor had a safe and refigerator as well which was a nice bonus.
The huge breakfast room on the fourth floor with balcony seating was certainly more appealing than the actual breakfast but it got the job done. The location itself is very easy to find but will require a walk to the beach. We were very pleased with the pool and outdoor hot tub as well as the showers to come back to after swimming in the ocean.
Finally, I can not say enough at how helpful the staff was concerning good places to eat on the island or assisting us with extra towels or other needs. I would recommend others to stay at the Quality Inn and would myself again on another visit.

11  Thank pvilletraveler
Reviewed June 14, 2005

Picked this hotel due to website description. Most, not all front desk people were rude. Hotel appeared to still have damage from spring break (which was 3 months ago). Door to room wouldn't close right. Stains all over the carpets in room and hallways. Headboard to bed was not attached and banged against wall everytime you sat or laid on the bed. Room had a very strange odor. Room was bigger than most hotel rooms. If this hotel would take a little pride in its indoor appearance I probably would have had a different opinion. Just a note, getting into and out of the parking lot is a nightmare.

• Stayed: June 2005
8  Thank LightPacker5165
Reviewed August 15, 2004

This was our first trip to South Padre Island, we chose this property based on hotel web site description: “new”, “luxurious”, a “resort community” with “extensive amenities” and “expanded continental breakfast”. Not a bad choice for a site-unseen first experience, we thought. We drove 6 hours, arrived after 1am and, for almost $100 per night, our non-smoking king suite “resort” experience included the following (in chronological order):

Room door wide open (no, we’re not kidding!)
Room number in hallway missing (desk clerk didn’t bother to tell us this until we called to find out if we had the right room)
Room numbers on both in-room phones were wrong (phones belonged in other rooms)

Ripped and frayed carpet with caked-on grime looked 15 years old (you wouldn’t want to walk around without shoes on)

Dark room with poor room lighting
Old cigarette smoke smell (found ash trays in the desk in our non-smoking room)

Dirty counter tops, table tops, etc.
Paper-thin walls (heard every word of conversation in neighboring room)

“Expanded Continental Breakfast” consisted of coffee, juice, dry cereal, toast and toaster waffles

Disinterested staff (check out clerk was busy on long distance call, apparently to a friend overseas…)

Hotel website claims “Our unique resort community will envelop you, impress you, and beckon you back again and again.” Don’t bet on it, Choice Hotels.

8  Thank Culture26648