This is a no frills affordable SPI stay. We had three rooms each with two beds slightly smaller than doubles and a wall mounted flat screen. They varied slightly in size. There was just enough room for our luggage and my son's playpen but not much else. The shower and water worked well and the rooms were clean and looked like they had a recent cheap and simplistic renovation. The pool area in the back was tiny and clean.The air conditioner worked really well.
The service was average. It took a little coaxing to be moved into a non smoking room at first but it was resolved. On the third day one of our beds was not made but it was probably because we accidentally left a tote bag on the bed. We had to request to be moved from one of the rooms after the first day because we saw at 3 roaches within the first 12 hours. The room was on the first floor on the left side of the hotel. Neither of the other two rooms nor the replacement room had that problem.
The location was great. We walked 5 minutes to the beach the first day and were just 10 minutes driving distance from most places(the island is small).
Overall, if you are on a budget and are looking for a place to sleep after long days out, this is an option. If you're traveling and are expecting anything more than that then you need to look elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Motel 6 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Motel Six South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Motel Six
- South Padre Island Motel 6