“Not bad, for the price”

Super 8 South Padre Island
Reviewed January 18, 2006

The Super 8 Hotel in South Padre, TX, is a pretty good deal in winter: the rooms are fairly large and clean, some have jacuzzi tubs, and they have a daily complimentary happy hour in the lobby. Additionally, the manager is quite a nice and reasonable fellow--there was a discrepancy between the price quoted to me by my travel agent and the price the hotel was going to charge me. The manager diplomatically handled the situation and charged me the lesser price. I would go back again.

16  Thank abc4321

Reviewed January 8, 2006

I CAME BACK !!!

After many winters in Florida, my first experience with South Padre Island was last winter. My elderly parents, who joined me, still speak highly of their stay at the Super 8. Although Dad's failing health no longer permits any travel, I notice how his eye's light up at the mention of the Super 8.

Josh (the Manager) his wife and staff made my parents stay as comfortable as possible. They were very acommodating and understanding of Dad's limitations.

Without hesitation, I returned this year alone (regretably) to a very warm and personal welcome by Josh and Usha.

The accomodations, cleanliness, affordablility, facilities, beach, sand dunes, great weather, and friendly staff/locals make this place a hidden jewel. I no longer desire the costs, crowds, crime and unpredictable weather of Florida.

I've scouted out the area and spoken to others and confirmed that the Super 8 is by far SPI's best kept secret. The number of regular's that return each year for extended stay's speak's volume's. Need I say anymore?

Happy travel's,
Steve
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

14  Thank PMOL42
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2006

This is our third year to stay at the Super 8 here on S. Padre Island. Each year we have stayed longer--a month this time. The manager and his wife are so friendly. There is a happy hour each afternoon with snacks, drinks, and even little sandwiches. This provides a great opportunity to get acquainted with other guests and learn from their experiences about the area. This sharing has increased our enjoyment of our time here and helped to bring us back year after year. The facilities here are excellent, considering this is an economically-priced motel. We enjoy watching the beautiful sunsets from our balcony overlooking the Luguna Madre; palm trees sway in the breeze and many varieties of birds can be spotted.The motel's mid-island location makes it an ideal spot from which to explore. We have checked other motels on the island but none come close to this "home away from home".

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2005

I'd like to thank the Front Desk staff for their friendly service and helpful information. I'd especially like to thank Estela.

She made sure that I had the correct directions, and helped me get to the motel with no problem. I called her several times throughout my route to the motel and she did not mind making sure I was still on track. She gave me precise information! She's a very lovely girl.

Wendy helped me in the day with useful information on dining and activities.

The housekeeping made sure that my room was touched up everyday. I received clean towels everyday. Thank you girls.

I will definitely stay again. I look forward to seeing the staff on other occasions.

• Stayed: November 2005
1311 Seminole Drive, Riuchardson,Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2005

Have stayed at Super 8 units around the Country for last 25 years and we want you to know we believe this S.Padre Is. location overall is one of the best
we have used.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2005

Definetly enjoyed my stay at the Super 8 on South Padre Island. The hotel staff was great, and the rooms were wonderful. It is close to the beach and the hotel offered a great pool area as well. Breakfast was a great start to our long drive home --thanks

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2005

i recently went on a trip to south padre island, and i had one of the most pleasant stays at the super 8 on south padre island. the room i had was great and spacious very clean. the front desk staff was very knowledgeable of the area,breakfast was great always stocked up,and besides the redtide my stay was wonderful all in all it was a great stay for me and my wife. i will be back!!!!!!!!