Stayed 2 nights at a great rate, but the room was just okay.
++Positives: Very large room with 2 beds, had a very nice refrigerator, smallish flat screen TV with HBO and a microwave. The lobby was clean and nice, and they had a nice area for borrowing books and games. It was chilly, so I didn't check out the pool.
--Negatives: Found a huge cockroach in the bathtub and the faucet where one turns on the shower was coming out of the wall and it was treacherous to turn it on without breaking it! The housekeeping staff never replaced bags for the ice container, nor gave up anymore shampoos or soaps when cleaning the room.
The breakfast was terrible. 2 cinnamon rolls for about a dozen people, absolutely no yogurt in the display; watered down juices and terrible coffee. The hotel staff in the morning was less than helpful at the breakfast area. I asked if they could put some yogurt in the yogurt display area for choice and they said they get around to it, when another staff member showed up! Rude and I never did get yogurt and of course, by this time the cinnamon rolls were gone and not replaced.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Super Eight South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Super Eight
- South Padre Island Super 8