“Fast, Fun, and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 South Padre Island

Super 8 South Padre Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on saturday june 1. Room was very clean and spacious and was also happy that we didnt have to.wait to check in upon our arrival from mcallen. Pool was also very nice and cozy. I will definetly stay here on my next visit to south padre island

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I had prepaid for a 4 night stay, but didn't. In my 20's I stayed in a lot of hostel's so I think I can tolerate a lot of discomfort. Yet these rooms did not shelter us from all the noises. As a result, I got very little sleep and was a grumpy bear the second day. By the third day I was so worn down and exhausted to the point that I just wanted to leave at any cost. So that is what we did despite the non-refundable reservation.
Sources of Noise where as follows:
First, my spouse and I could hear our neighbors with almost perfect clarity. On one side, a frat party carried on until 1:30am, and on the other side, we had kids up at 6am.
Second, the sound of that ice machine droned on all morning, which people seem to conspire against me by using it continuously from 630a to 930a nonstop.
Finally, car horns from mismanaged car alarms to train horn kits on old pickup trucks made a nightly greeting in the most frat-tastic sense.
Not to be outdone, my wife's complaints where: 1) Overpowering mildew smell which led to her incessant fear that we would die of toxic black mold exposure, 2) Bugs in the room which she believed where going to crawl into her earhole while we slept, & 3) 200 thread count sheets (the bottom of which was a flat sheet, not fitted) so with all my regular tossing and turning we where touching the bare mattress by morning.

Cooler heads prevailed and we booked a room with my hilton honors points in B-ville for the last night and slept like Kings and Queens. Well worth the 40-min drive to have a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank karaffa01
Weslaco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was ok but the bathroom smelled of mold very strong. Everything else was average and acceptable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers also viewed these South Padre Island hotels
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#9 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 stars 354 reviews
Knights Inn South Padre Island
Knights Inn South Padre Island
#18 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 stars 267 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#5 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 stars 303 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,229 reviews
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 stars 1,381 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Pad...
#3 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,104 reviews

Been to Super 8 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 South Padre Island

Property: Super 8 South Padre Island
Address: 4205 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597-7328
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island