“Great Value”

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Houston, Texas
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked a room for two nights at an unbeatable rate on priceline.com. I was a bit skeptical but once I arrived was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean with fresh paint, tile floors, and decent bedding. My room had a flat screen, mini fridge and microwave. The staff were very nice, esp.Luis. The free breakfast was just what we needed to get our day started. Typical hotel breakfast- waffles, cereal, toast, and some sort of pastry. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are nice. You can park directly in front of your room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Super 8 motel on South Padre with my family and let me tell you I had a great weekend. Staff by far has great Customer service they were friendly and where very polite. Mrs, Usha even went as far as providing candy for my children while we checked in. When we got to our room it was very clean smelled and looked awesome, pillows where nice and bed by far one of the best I have ever slept in felt like I was at home!! The pool was warm and very clean water was sparkling and was able to see the bottom of floor. We were abel to get to the beach very easy Front desk pointed us in the right direction and we were gone. In the morning we had breakfast and it was a great on had cereal and they even had Waffles my kids loved the fact they had fruit and where abel to have yogurt. So for our next vacation I was abel to speak to Josh and he was very helpful in giving me a good rate and was very polite.I went ahead and booked for another weekend...fet like was at home !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank don v
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked this hotel based on pix in a brochure. Looks can be deceiving. The room was not very clean, kind of old and run down. I did not expect a 5 star hotel, but I expected more from Super 8, having stayed in their hotels in many areas. We stayed two nights, two of the worst nights I have ever had. Their was no noise barrier between rooms so we spent all night listening to our neighbors. The bed was old and musty smelling. Poorly fitting sheets and a mattress that bowed in the middle. The staff was friendly but not very helpful in guiding us to local hot spots. This trip was good despite this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel was horrible. The management and desk people were incredibly rude and did not want to help at all. They checked us into one room where the sinks were filthy and the pillows had multiple hairs all over them. We asked for a room change and they put us in another dirty room. We asked if a maid could go through the room and clean it up a bit and they told us she was too busy and had a lot of other stuff to do then told us we had to stay in one of the two because they couldn't switch us to anything else unless we paid an upgrade fee. A wallet was taken from our room while we were at the beach and the manager would not check the cameras to see who went in our room. He would not even discuss it. He would only keep repeating "file a police report."

The worst part was EVERY MORNING at 730AM 6-8 maid carts go through the halls and start cleaning. The maid are constantly slamming doors and hollering to each other all morning. On top of that the rooms are dark and dingy. This hotel should not be rated 2 stars. It was filthy, had the worst customer service I have every received at a hotel and the managers should not be managing anything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank satxcollegestudent
Sharyland, Owner at Super 8 South Padre Island, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thanks for your review. Sorry that the maids began cleaning so early. I told the GM that the earliest time they can start is 9:00. Looks like you stayed during spring break which as you know can be crazy but that is no excuse. Some front desk clerks do not treat college aged guest with the respect they deserve which again is no excuse and if I see it happen they will be fired. Any problems in the future my cell is 214 448 8080. Thanks, Mike Klement Owner