“charging your card without your concern & awfull customer service!!!”

Super 8 South Padre Island
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Bad customer service! the employees also lies!! when I reserved a employee named Dario got my credit card information did not gave me no policy rules no nothing!!! he said he was gonna charge me until I got there, when I get there a guy name Juan is there and told me they were no rooms!!!! I told him what was the purpose of reserving?? I told him to cancel everything, he said yes! next day I call to make sure a very rude woman told me it was a no show! I spoke to the manager very rude as well! did not wanted to even listen to me and to solve it with my bank!! The manager and employees there are no professional at all! got to becarefull! this types of business just want to get your money! very dissapointed! I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE EVER AGAIN! at 4205 Padre BLVD South Padre Island, TX 78597

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Sharyland, Owner at Super 8 South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. For example, if you had a reservation for June 28th and did not cancel on June 26th and did not check in on June 28th before midnight you would be charged for a one night stay because we could have rented the room. Even if you had a reservation for ten nights if you were a no show you would only be charged one night. A reservation is not secure unless you authorize a charge on your credit card.. If you have a reservation for June 28th but did not arrive until July 1st you would be charged for one night and your reservation would have been cancelled unless of course you called to let us know.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a great experience while at Super 8 in South Padre. The accomodations were spotless, the pool was so clean and the hot tub was at just the right temperature. The breakfast area was neat and organized and the desk clerk was so polite and happy to help us.

We are going back for sure...

Tony Rodriguez
our stay was from 6/11/12 - 6/12/12

Room Tip: My parents had a king size room and it had a bar and a kitchen. Our double room was very spacious w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review. Wow you sound like such a positive person. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. One of my favorite sayings is the only thing in life that you can truly control is your attitude.. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Thanks, MK

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We decided took a vacations, we live in Amarillo,Tx. The room was clean but the AC does not worked well and the beds were very uncomfortables, but the worse thing was the bed bugs I'm a pregnant woman and I have a lot of hives since the first night I slept there. I never will stay there again. The staff is rude.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank hilda2012

We have checked our records and have no guests from Amarillo who stayed with us at the time you mentioned. We have had absolutely no bed bugs.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and i have shared a suite at the Super 8 for close to nine years and it meets our need. Yes. we could afford a 9th floor condo somewhere, however we would miss the social atmosphere that is present. It is a unique culture. Josh and his staff do a excellent job and serving clients. Try it and you will be sold

Room Tip: Book once and you will be sold. The kitchenette suites are our choice
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was average, but the staff was nice and accommodating. The rooms were clean and the pool/hot tub area was well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Best to go weekdays because room costs are MUCH lower than on weekends. Every evening there is a happy hour with wine and light snacks. Nice to meet other visitors and learn about best local eateries and tourist activities. Has wi fi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tmac7303
Reviewed April 13, 2012

we booked a family weekend getaway and had an excellent stay. the room had all the amenities we needed. Staff and mangement very attentive to our needs. hotel is centrally located on the island, it was within walking distance to the beach.my overall experince with hotel was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family