“Best time ever!”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
Reviewed August 19, 2013

speechless and not enough words to describe my stay I was treated like no other hotels ever. They really take appreciation on their guest. I took my spouse and family there for a family vacation and we were mesmerize with how good we were treated. There was a supervisor kind of rude but other people made up for his rudeness. We had a couple of maintance problems in the room but despite that they took immediate response and move us to a better room. other than that we had an amazing stay and we didn't wanted to leave. Thank you Pearl Hotel.. See you soon ;)

1  Thank Tania R

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The property is old and needs to be updated. The rooms were not cleaned until late in the afternoon. The towels for the pool were hard to come by. They were unwilling to work with dietary allergies in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overall hotel was good. The best feature was the pool area. The price was a little expensive and didn't include any extras for the price. We had to rent beach chairs that I think should have been included in the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would consider staying again in the future after checking prices of other hotels first.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had very bad experience with my recent stay in The Pearl : 1. I paid more than 400 $ , i was begging them for a swimming towel all the time , and No one gave me 2. I reserved through the Phone ( Very bad representative , She hang up the phone on me ) I do not recommend !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is my first review, because I just have to warn people of how nasty this hotel is. My husband and I just spent last night at this hotel, thinking it would be a nice getaway. We wanted to see the beach, but part of the fun of the weekend was staying at what we thought was going to be a very nice hotel. We had problems getting into a room, even though we had a reservation. The hallways were hot and smelled just awful. Actually, everything smelled awful. The carpets were stained and walls needed painting. Our room had moldy walls, filthy furniture, rusty lamps and a poor air conditioner. Yes, I know all about Texas heat and humidity. I also know when an air conditioner just isn't working. From beginning to end, this was the absolute worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. I've read previous comments here where a representative of the hotel has responded and said that things were being fixed. Yeah, right. I'm not that easily placated, because it's obvious that nothing is being done. We spent $350 for a "premier room"....what a joke. Just keep driving. Even Motel 6 has to be better than the Pearl.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth P
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I took my family and dog to the Pearl the first week in August. It is a nice hotel for the price. We loved the location in that it is right on the other side of the causeway. It made it very convenient if we wanted to eat in Port Isabel or stay on the island (we did both.) I played a round of golf in Laguna Vista, which offers a nice course just 20 minutes from the hotel. Overall, a solid stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights in a double queen room and was perfectly happy for the price. Not a huge room but fit our family of 5 (3 kids under 6) just fine. The kids LOVED the pool and that we could walk from the room right out to the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. I ended up leaving a pair of shoes in our room after checking out so we will see how well their staff responds... Being a hotel on the beach I am understanding of the difficulty in getting things immaculate and with young kids we make messes so I couldn't complain.

• Stayed: August 2013