1,748 results
All reviewsswim up barpool areaoff seasonhotel restaurantbedroom condohot tubgreat poolbeach accessview of the oceanmercedesvaletpadreislandsheratonbellmanspisapphire
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Booked online and no problems when checking in despite the fact that I arrived at 10am. My room was not ready but they have no issues with you making use of the facilities while you wait. The room was ok, I would really expect more for the "Resort price tag". Clean, comfortable bed, private balcony with nice view, as long as you don't look down where the air exhausts are making a terrible noise even tough I was on the 6th floor. So as a piece of advise, ask for a room with Pool view instead.
A minute after I got from the beach in the pool area I sit while I was waiting for my kids and someone from the staff approached asking me to put away the ice chest as it is forbidden... Not that I wanted to pull anything out and make my own picnic, I was just waiting. I could see the reason later, as they have this bar right in the pool, which by the way tends to be very noisy. Good luck the pool is quite big, so you can be on the other side *away* from beer cans and pineapples floating around.

Other than that I think it was an ok experience, just ok.

Room Tip: ask for pool view rooms, those on the south side of the facility
1  Thank Riktl
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Despite 50/50 reviews, booked hotel online b/c was a "resort," pool looked fabulous in photos. Stayed 1 out of 5 nights, checked out early. Parking to check in was chaotic. Room smelled of mildew from shower curtain, loud AC ran constantly, mattress sunken in/lumpy (advertised as premier pillow-top bed). Bathrm electricity went out at 7pm, no maint. staff showed (used cell phone light for night bathroom trips); called in AM, power on w/in minutes -- could have flipped switch when 1st called! Pool looks good from afar, closer look shows wear. Should have only been charged for 1 night but had 2 addtl approx $1400 charges afterwards, which took about a week to get taken off. Checked into Hilton Garden Inn -- it was 100X better! New property, very clean, very friendly, ocean front and more.

Room Tip: Partial ocean views are 45-degree angles, where overlook pool and see a bit of the beach and ocean. Our room (on left side of hotel) also looked onto new, upscale condos w/ less-crowded, more inviting pool and sun deck. :-(
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family stayed for six days July 6, 2012 and had a memorable vacation, that we are still glowing from. I recommend the pool side of the hotel, my room had a wonderful view of the Gulf and bay side of the Island.

The staff was friendly, the manager is hands on, overseeing all parts of the amenities, ensuring customer satisfaction. I live in Navasota, Tx and considered a cruise and we are glad we chose Padre Island and The Pearl. My first time at the Pearl / Ex-Sheraton.

My 3 yr. old grand daughter loved the kids swimming pool with the Froggy slide and my wife and I enjoyed many hours by the swim up bar, where we became friends with the staff and others staying at the hotel.

High Marks: Cold pool water every day, Ice machines never ran out of ice, Hotel on the beach, family atmosphere, friendly people staying at the hotel, private, cold A/C.

For younger couples, I recommend the Wanna Wanna, we stayed their one night, we arrived one day early. Less expensive, lots of young couples and singles and public access to the beach.

Room Tip: The food at the hotel looked great, but we chose to eat economically. My room had a refrigerator.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Pearl is basically just the Sheraton under a new name, so it was nothing special to me, considering that I stayed there three times when it was still a Sheraton hotel. I never got to try the restaurant because it's too pricey, but the food does sound good. The room we stayed in didn't have that great of a view of the beach, but my mom cares about that more than I do. The room was very clean, as well as the restroom. No bedbugs, roaches, or anything like that. There was one day when housekeeping didn't arrive, so we let the people at the front desk know, and the problem was fixed in a jiffy. The employees were nice and welcoming. This is a very nice hotel and I had a great time

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at the Pearl the week of July 9th and had a great time.The staff was wonderful all around. The first night our AC unit went out but the hotel replaced it with a new one right away. We had a joining rooms with the kids and they had there own bathroom and balcony.Our rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel is right on the beach. The pool was refreshing after a day at the beach which also had a separate pool for our 2 year old son who loved it.Our family will be returning here for a vacation