Despite 50/50 reviews, booked hotel online b/c was a "resort," pool looked fabulous in photos. Stayed 1 out of 5 nights, checked out early. Parking to check in was chaotic. Room smelled of mildew from shower curtain, loud AC ran constantly, mattress sunken in/lumpy (advertised as premier pillow-top bed). Bathrm electricity went out at 7pm, no maint. staff showed (used cell phone light for night bathroom trips); called in AM, power on w/in minutes -- could have flipped switch when 1st called! Pool looks good from afar, closer look shows wear. Should have only been charged for 1 night but had 2 addtl approx $1400 charges afterwards, which took about a week to get taken off. Checked into Hilton Garden Inn -- it was 100X better! New property, very clean, very friendly, ocean front and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment you drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, you'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Pearl South Padre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl South Padre Hotel South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Sheraton
- Sheraton South Padre Island