Pearl South Padre
$200
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$225
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
ComfortSuites
Super 8 by Wyndham South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$100
$150
$136
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$227
$239
$221
$217
$261
$240
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$319
  • Pool
1,699 results
All reviewsswim up barpool areaoff seasonhotel restaurantbedroom condohot tubgreat poolbeach accessview of the oceanmercedesvaletislandpadrebellmanspisapphiregulf
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I came here for my cousin's wedding. I had a room on the 9th floor with a view of the pool and the beach which was really nice. The beds were nice and cozy. There were some issues. The balcony door didn't lock, the room door key took some work in order to unlock the door (and my boyfriend never got it to work), the roomservice staff came very late in the day (I was resting up for the wedding after having been out most of the morning and early afternoon), and there was no vent in the bathroom (which makes things difficult given the humidity).
On the other hand, the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Everyone smiled and said hello and I thought that was nice.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1travlgirl
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and our four year old son stayed here just this past week (April 22-25) and really enjoyed our stay. The room (we rented the basic 440 square ft. king sweet) was clean and comfortable and equiped as advertised. The bed was a little soft for me with the pillow top mattress, but my husband loved it! The staff was also very friendly and curtious. The pool area was very nice and clean. My son really enjoyed the kiddie pool with frog slide! They also had the bar swim up pool that was heated, very nice! My only complaint here was that by 3pm or so, the sun begins to be blocked by the towers of the Sapphire condo and it can be a bit chilly in April to swim then. The beach access was also very easy, just a small walk down to the ocean! The food was ok, nothing supper spectacular, but good none the less. Their prices were a bit high though, especially for drinks. A well whisky and coke and house margarita was $14, YIKES! All in all, we had a wonderful time and will be booking future trips to S. Padre at the Pearl!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Aliciarachel
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I made a late registration for a midweek conference being held at the Pearl and I was pleasantly surprised! Being local, I figured that the Pearl was just another hotel at South Padre that had been refurbished. I was wrong. This place is new and very different than other hotels that I have previously stayed at while visiting South Padre. The rooms, lobby, pool area, conference areas, beach access was unlike any other local place. Actually, for once, it did not feel like I was in South Padre...what a difference!! The conference ended on Friday. I liked it so much that I called my wife to pack up the kids and join me for an extended stay through the weekend. I agree, its a no brainer. I know where I'm staying next time I visit south Padre.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank RubenCh
Reviewed April 20, 2012

March 2012, I stayed at the Pearl Hotel in Padre Island, TX. The beds were luxurious and after a long day were much appreciated. Bathrooms were nice and the views from the balcony was so beautiful and serene during the day and evening. The water is beautiful and we watched a distant lightning storm that filled the sky! The next day had a great cerviche for lunch in their in-house restaurant on their covered patio overlooking the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank brooksgirl1
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This review is going to focus on one of the nice amenities. Carrying on the tradition from Sheraton days, the Pearl offers an elaborate Sunday buffet with everything from a raw bar to traditional lunch dishes. You can get omlettes, or pasta dishes cooked in front of you. Ditto for Cherries Jubilee or Strawberry Flambe. Complimentary champagne or Mimosas are also included. Pricing is right on market. A little out of the ordinary, one pays for the meal (and tip) in advance as you're getting your table. I really like this as once you're done, you just get up and go. The Sunday Buffet was nice when it was the Sheraton. It's better organized and overall even better now as the Pearl.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family