“Nice place just dont go when they have red tide”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
Neptune City, New Jersey
“Nice place just dont go when they have red tide”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Nice place and, the staff was very nice and accomadating. Unfortunately we went in October when they had red tide. The red tide made your eyes water and nose run and made you feel very uncomfortable. We had to leave after one day. We would love to give this another try, just at a time when there is no Red Tide

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myyanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I will be at this hotel next time I come to south padre island. They accepted dogs, so that's a winner, however I think the $50 pet fee was a little much. The rooms were great had a awesome view of the beach. I noticed they didn't have a microwave in the room, so I walked downstairs with my daughters bottle, and they offered to bring a microwave to my room, which was very nice of them. The only other two things I disliked was $50/ hold each night you stayed there on the credit card, and all inputs were disabled on the tv. Meaning you can not hook up your ps3 to the tv because the hdmi port on the tv was disabled. But overall I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, I will be there again next year. With the $50 hold on the credit card they allow you to use that hold towards any room service or dining at the hotel, but it is a bit over priced. The chicken nachos are out of this world by the way.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate the kind words. We hope that whenever your travels return you to South Padre you are able to come visit us again. Thank you and safe travels.
San Antonio
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I've been a frequent visitor since The Pearl South was the Sheraton. I've never had any problems with the customer service at the front desk or the bellhop. A few times they have gone above and beyond to please me and my family. Everytime I visit my home town of Brownsville we stay at the Pearl. Seeing the same wonderful staff that I've known over the past 12 years makes me feel like I'm coming home.

Keep up the good work Pearl South staff. See you soon..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty to South Padre and we appreciate your continued loyalty to the Pearl. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you and safe travels.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Everytime we go, we're always treated like we are extremely special and they never let us down. When we go we feel like we can just relax, enjoy our stay and they take special care of us at all times. This time, we decided to take our dog, Eva, and everyone welcomed her as well. It's a GREAT place to go and vacation...

Room Tip: We have never had a problem with any rooms. All rooms at the hotel are extremely nice, quiet clean a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for your great review of the Pearl South Padre Hotel. We are always excited to provide a great vacation experience and love to hear that your stay accomplished this. We hope to see you and Eva again soon!
Dallas
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The Pearl and all of their employees “GET IT”
Checked in on the pool side neighbors were doing a little jack hammering LOL.
What will be the response from the front desk? Asked if it would be ok to move to the opposite side and higher up. My time is valuable to me so I will make this quick.
A: The front desk gets it.
B: Help gets it
C: everybody gets it
D: You get it stay here.
Just after I took the time to write this I noticed the shower didn’t work correctly as it needed a new plunger for correct water flow to the shower head. I called the front desk and before I could get back to the door they were there fixed it in about 50 seconds.
Clean 3.5 star hotels excellent off season rates long term employees did I mention they get it????

Room Tip: Stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The hotel is one of the nicer places on the beach and is located closer to the water than any of the other hotels.
It is not quite a four star experience; but if you are looking for a step up from the average in South Padre than the Pearl would be ideal for you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulV39
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided that we needed to take a vacation together for the first time for our one year anniversary. I was a bit skeptical about staying at the Pearl because of the reviews, but followed my instinct instead. Upon arrival, a very kind bellhop escorted us to our room, taking care of our luggage and speaking of all the amenities the Pearl had to offer. Once we arrived to our room, my eyes lit up with the beauty of the room and it's location. We were placed above the restaurant, but that did not matter because we were there to relax and not worry about the little things. The room, the pool, the service, the access to beach, and the food were all fantastic in my book. We will definitely come back to the Pearl.

• Stayed September 2011
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for your review. We have been working very hard to ensure that each review reads similar to this, and are making great progress. We know that we are the nicest hotel here in South Padre, but continue to make improvements so that each and every guest leaves as satisfied as bradfsm was. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.