“Loved the hotel”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel as a member of a conference I was attending. I loved this hotel in every aspect - beautiful ocean facing rooms, good service, clean and great location. I would highly recommend it if you wanna have a comfortable stay in South Padre.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pearl South Padre

Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is OK. Located right in front of the beach, but it has a wind tunnel on the front.
All the Latino workers were REALLY nice. But the blonde worker at the pool bar was not as nice. The food is expensive. The beds were soooooo soft that it was very uncomfortable.
The beach beds were tighten up, no chance on using them.
Nice pools. The floor in the outdoor women bathroom was always wet with a poodle. Not nice at all.
The drinks at the pool bar were terrible, even when we paid full price.
No, I wont go there again. The best thing about the hotel was the ocean and the Latino workers. Really nice people.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with kitchen and so on, much nicer than other older out dated rooms. Talk to ma...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The hotel was previously the Sheraton. It has been revamped; however, it still needs work. The first room we stayed in, the air conditioning did not work. We were moved to another room, which was identical to the first. The room smelled musty, furniture was stained, etc. Took at least five minutes for water to get hot in the shower, even longer in the sink. Phone did not work, no drain plug in the tub. Both issues were reported, the tub was fixed, the phone wasn't. Pool/Hot tub area was beautiful- Drink prices were extremely too high $5.50 for a 12 oz canned beer. Pool towel process was annoying - signing towels in and out. Our room door was left open by hotel staff.. thankfully nothing was taken. Would think twice about returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hotel management will allow you this type of obnoxious behavior. They will only kick you out if you are breaking a law. Apparently disturbing the peace is not on their list of laws. My wife and I had to change rooms @ 3 am because of a wild & noisy party in the connecting room next door. They allowed the party to go on while we lost three hours sleep and had to change rooms in the middle of the night. I had to get the key to the new room myself from the desk and the clerk who rented the room to my noisy neighbors said to me "I knew they were trouble when they checked in." Totally ruined one day of a two day dance competition I paid $4,000 to attend there at the Pearl. The hotel has shown no remorse and I only got to speak to the fool who allowed this situation to continue. Hell Raisers book your reservations now before they go into bankruptcy for running off guests who stayed there to get some sleep!

Room Tip: Bring your boombox!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

While we always appreciate any guest feedback - either positive or negative - this review unfortunately does not paint a full picture of this guests stay with us. While he did experience an issue with a noisy neighbor, on his first call to the front desk, we asked the room next door to quiet down, which they complied with, as well as offered to move him to a different room which he accepted. The guest also spoke with our Director of Operations during his time at the hotel and was able to address his concerns. We do everything we can to ensure every guest leaves the hotel satisfied, and are upset that we were not able to accomplish that in this case. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and safe travels.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

The hotel was in bad shape. I believe the positive reviews are from the staff. If you are reading these reviews notice the same negative comments about this hotel over and over again. They were spot on with our stay. The hotel rooms are dirty, rusted lamps, stained chairs, broken tiles, black mold in shower, and on air conditioner. Our vacation at south padre was ruined by our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011

TripAdvisor has a very strict policy and monitoring system in place to identify and remove false reviews. We do not have our staff or anyone associated with us writing a review of our hotel. We are working our way through the rooms to ensure they are all updated, and appreciate your comments regarding your room and will get these corrected.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed at the Pearl a long weekend just before school started with our grand daughter and had the fantastic time. The staff was vey friendly and the apartment was clean. The pool and swim up bar was amazing. At lunch they made amongst other items the longest hot dogs I have ever seen.
The beach was just a few steps away.
We rented a 2 bedroom apartment with pool and gulf view and could not have been happier. There are so many things to do in South Padre, we will be back again.

Room Tip: we saw the regular rooms sometimes when some one left the door open on their way out and found they...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed at the Pearl last weekend for a conference. I was there Weds-Sun in a condo. Free parking outside was great, check in was easy. The condo was nice and spacious - 2 bedroom/2 bath, kitchen, dining, living room and a large balcony overlooking the gulf & pool.
As many places are down on the gulf coast, it was nice, but well worn and not newly renovated. The air conditioner in my room barely worked. There was actually a window unit - haven't seen that in years in a hotel. The window unit in the living room was really loud, but worked. I slept well and the conference spaces were really comfortable. I did see a giant roach on the snacks table next to the brownies & cookies at the conference break time. Ruined my snack time - couldn't eat. That was the only sign I saw the entire time there of any bug problems.

The walk to the beach was short and fantastic - the pool was nice and warm from the great temperatures outside, and the swim up bar was nice.

Free WiFi was a nice plus - worked well!

Hotel restaurant food was good - nothing amazing, but it was good.

Great restaurants nearby, and easy walk to dolphin tours. The conference food was pretty good (breakfast was the best), and the banquet staff was very attentive.

I would possibly stay here again, though I think some renovations need to happen to really up the quality level.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business