The hotel was previously the Sheraton. It has been revamped; however, it still needs work. The first room we stayed in, the air conditioning did not work. We were moved to another room, which was identical to the first. The room smelled musty, furniture was stained, etc. Took at least five minutes for water to get hot in the shower, even longer in the sink. Phone did not work, no drain plug in the tub. Both issues were reported, the tub was fixed, the phone wasn't. Pool/Hot tub area was beautiful- Drink prices were extremely too high $5.50 for a 12 oz canned beer. Pool towel process was annoying - signing towels in and out. Our room door was left open by hotel staff.. thankfully nothing was taken. Would think twice about returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment you drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, you'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Pearl South Padre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl South Padre Hotel South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Sheraton
- Sheraton South Padre Island