“The best of the best”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The front desk staff was very nice, the room had an amazing view. Food was excellent as was the service. I would recommend this to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glenda c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and during brunch the staff hurt us talking about it and our meal was taken care of. We were congratulated , then when we went up to our room there chocolate covered strawberries with happy anniversary written on the plate. What a touch! That was an experience we will never forget! The overall staff was superb

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Erodtre
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for choosing to spend such an important milestone with us. We are glad to hear that your stay went well and look forward to seeing you on your next anniversary.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Teen age daughter and I needed a get away before school started and found paradise at Pearl S. Padre Island! The staff was attentive and helpful. Oceanview was beautiful and peaceful. Beach access with ease, beautiul pool area! Our suite had all the amenities of home. We will return often and bring all our friends with us next time! Can not wait for another chance to visit Pearl S. Padre Island!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dena H

We are so glad you were able to having a nice relaxing getaway before getting back into the school year! Thank you for choosing the Pearl South Padre and we look forward to you coming back to visit again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family (dogs included) and I stayed 3 nights at Pearl SPI. It was an excellent experience. The condo we stayed in was roomy, modern, clean, comfortable, and had a wonderful view of the gulf. The guest service was terrific. Very friendly people that offered help and suggestions. The food was perfect. We had lunch on the patio. The redfish tacos are delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed the Friday night buffet. It was awesome! We will definitely return to Pearl SPI.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel has the worst checkin process ever. I have not had such a bad experience like this anywhere!! The bell boy won't help you checkin in - you have to already checked in?!? --?!? And then the room isn't ready 30 min AFTER the check in time?!? We had to wait extra 40 min just to get the room. And the room we got was NOT the room we booked!! We supposed to get a two bedrooms with one king and two double beds. We ended up with one king and one double. since this is no longer a Sheraton's property - I guess reputation and service is no longer the management concern. DO NOT stay here

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had a 2 bedroom condo to the tune of $550.00 per night. We fortunately only stayed 2 nights and checked out early to get away from this macabre place.
Check in was 1 hour late because they can't manage to clean rooms before 4 PM.
The room itself was ca 1940 with cracked plaster and paint everywhere, black mold in the bathroom vents and noisy wall type air conditioning units that resembled what you find at a Motel 6. To add to our displeasure was a wedding party that blasted their insane music until 11:00 PM, prompting me to actually see the desk clerk in the lobby since of course the phones weren't working properly either. The bass noise was so audible that my 2 children could not sleep without ear plugs. Throughout the day, obnoxious music is played throughout the grounds making any poolside conversation an instant shouting match, adding to the overall noise. The bar is staffed with 2 incompetent service people who don't know a drink from the ocean and if you're patient enough to wait 20 min until they see you , order 1 drink and see for yourself.
The beach was dirty and not even raked in the morning which is standard for upscale, expensive resorts. The kicker was that there were 2 bottles of water in our "kitchen" for $4.00 each. You would think that at a room price of $550.00 , the bottle of water would be complimentary, but no dice.
This was an experiment to see if the texas coast is something one can enjoy, but no, I fly my family to Cancun in september for a week at the Westin. Same $1,100 dollars spent but I'll stay an entire week in a real resort with white beaches instead of 2 noisy days in a swampy Motel 6 resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom K
PearlSouthPadre, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We can only apologize that this condo has not had the chance to be updated. We have reached out to this guest to determine the room number so work can be completed. We know that this was not the way you would like to have spent your vacation and apologize that this issue occurred. Thank you for letting us know about the state of your room and we hope that when if return to South Padre you are able to see the improvements that have been made.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the Pearl for 2 nights because of a meeting that was being held there. All in all, i have to say this stay was very mixed.

Valet parking was $10 which is ok for hotel these days though I think for South Padre it's a little high. Not to mention the attendants informed me that their service was only till 11 pm and did not know what happened if i came in later than that.

Check in process was fine. Some of the front desk staff was courteous but other times not so much. I asked about getting a newspaper and got multiple different responses. First I was told it was too early. When I tried again later, i was told they were all gone and that I should have received one at my door (nope). I went to check if gift shop had any but no they did not. When I went back to front desk, there was another person there and he honestly acted like he cared and tried to help. He looked all over and when he could not find one, he got the guy from the bell stand who then confirmed that security drops bundles of papers on each floor (not at the door). By the time i checked, all of the floors i checked were depleted of papers.

My room was ok, not spectacular but not horrible either. The TV was nice with big flat screen. The bed was too soft and I think they tried to make it better by using a bed cover but that just made it softer. The refrig in the room is a nice plus.The room has a small couch instead of a chair. Perhaps my room shape was awkward but if you sat on the couch, you could not see the TV well at all. The room had a nice size balcony with chairs and great view of beach, which i was really looking forward to sitting outside and reading. But low and behold, when I opened the doors to check it out, there was a offensively strong smoking odor which i think was from one of the adjacent rooms but i could not tell which.

The restaurant was very good. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet-food was good and omelets made to order were better than I have had other more expensive hotels. Service in the restaurant was excellent. They made sure I was well taken care off. In fact, i dropped my fork twice (yes, i am a clutz) and both times i was swarmed by restaurant staff making sure they replaced it

Pool and beach were fine. I was pleasantly surprised that they were not too crowded but would caution that it reflect the times of day i was there as well as time of season.

All in all, there were some really nice things but also some not so nice things. Plus for the money, i think i could have done just as well at some of the cheaper competitor hotels there

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business