1,750 results
All reviewsswim up barpool areaoff seasonhotel restaurantbedroom condohot tubgreat poolbeach accessview of the oceanmercedesvaletpadreislandsheratonbellmanspisapphire
Reviewed May 31, 2011

After an 8 hour car ride we arrived at the Pearl South Padre only to be told they over booked the rooms and did not have one for us. The management did not offer to help us find new accommodations and did not even offer an apology.

With that said, we are not talking about rocket science here.. They have X amount of rooms and x amount or reservations, x reservations should not exceed x rooms ESPECIALLY on Memorial Day weekend. Maybe MGT should stick with running a SUBWAY or Taco Stand, certainly not a Hotel.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lonestar80
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

As I mentioned in the response below, this was an unfortunate situation that we did not handle as well as we should have. We apologize for this inconvenience that you experienced, and hope if you return to South Padre, you are able to stay with us and understand that this issue will not be repeated.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Memorial Day weekend. The hotel had plenty of staff, but it seemed as if none of them cared about our experiences. The rooms were adequate, the beds were okay, and the location was GREAT.

When we arrived, the fridge was not working, so we called maintenance. The room didn't have any toilet paper, and the toilet was dirty.

My husband killed a cockroach in the room!

The bar staff by the pool was HORRIBLE. They had horrible attitudes. When I was there, they were paying attention to a little lady (with no wrist band), and I waited at the bar for 10 minutes before I had to rudely interrupt his conversation with the girl. He said, "I am talking here!" I was livid. The very next day, I ordered a couple of sprites for my children, and he said, "we are closed", so I waited because it was obvious they were going to open soon. Then two teenagers came and ordered drinks and the bartender served them and took their money. When I said, " I thought you were closed" he said, we are...so I asked why he served those two girls, and took their money, he said "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" very rude!

Upon checkout, I waited at the counter while 5, yes 5 hotel staff all sat their joking with one another. Then when I was paying my final tab, and I had a question about it, the hotel staff said, "whats the big deal, its an extra $6!"

The location was great, but I was more than disappointed with the service. I travel frequently, and have NEVER had such an experience.

A couple other thoughts:
The noise level was very loud.
The pool bar and grill closed very early.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank merrygrace_11

Thank you for your review. This level of service is unacceptable. Unfortunately we cannot change your experience, but I am reaching out to you via a direct message so we can possibly identify who you interacted with and get this corrected. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your time at the hotel.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I am still pretty dumbfounded by my experience here. I booked a room a month in advance and pre-paid. After driving 5+ hours from San Antonio I was told that they would not honor my reservation because they overbooked. I asked why I wasn't notified ahead of time that they were overbooked so that I could make other arrangements, which they replied was the responsibility of my booking agent, whom they had contacted. When calling my booking agent for a refund, they said that my reservation was still "active" in the system, they were not contacted about the overbooking and my reservation should have been honored.
While speaking with the hotel clerk, another couple next to me checked in and got a room (surprising, since they said they had no availability). I asked her to check again (maybe she misspelled my name?), she said she didn't have to - she saw my reservation there, she just wouldn't honor it and I would have to find somewhere else to stay.
I wound up scrambling for a hotel on SPI and had to settle for a flea-bag motel a few miles away. I know that overbookings do happen, but a good hotel should have made arrangements for their guests ahead of time so that they wouldn't have to go through this.
When I tried contacting the manager later to complain (after my agent told me the reservation was never canceled by them), I was dumped into a voicemail box that was full and couldn't leave a message.
I also find it funny that management takes the time to respond to every single review on this site, when they should be investing that time in running the property.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teve2009

This issue is one that has come up multiple times after Memorial Day Weekend. Unfortunately as the review mentions, we did have an issue with overselling due to a technical error. However, we did not handle this situation well once you, and our other guests affected by this, arrived at the hotel. We have discussed with our management team to ensure that both the situation does not recur, and that we have a better plan in place to handle if something along these lines does happen. Our apologies go out to you as we know that this was a very frustrating experience. We hope that if you return to South Padre we are able to make up for this issue and win you back as a guest of the Pearl South Padre hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Parking was a challenge because the valet had a challenge understanding we had small bags and just wanted to park. We stayed here for three nights in May. Our check in was painless other than the short line. Our room was clean. Our air conditioner was loud. The hot water was warn but not hot. The hot tub was dirty and did not function well. The pool was very dirty. It was filled with bugs and other items floating on the water. The Friday night seafood buffet was excellent. One day we were out of our room by nine. When we returned by four we found our room untouched by our maid. When they did service our room they did not leave clean towels or pickup drink classes from the hotel bar. The hotel just seemed to be lacking leadeship. Not staff working around the pool area. Great location. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank PH-Travel-Lovers

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your direct feedback, and it does help us understand as a management team what areas need to be corrected, and the pool is one that we are looking at as we come into high season. We thank you for your review and know that when you return to South Padre you will find a different experience.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

A welcoming place to stay, right on the beach. Rooms are spacious and clean, restaurant has a great selection of food, and topping it off, the hotel staff, from the the front desk to the wait staff are all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Best rooms available on the web site.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phenom527
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

Thank you for the great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!