NOTE: we were in the cabanas not the tower: We had reduced rates for rooms with beautiful beachfront views. Rooms were from antiquity in desperate need of re-do (plumbing varied from normal to barely working), grounds were beautiful, service sporadic in facilities (Starbucks random opening and available products), exercise room (out of water cups for 5 days, could not access sanitary wipes to clean equipment), ALL of the soft drink machines were empty for 5 days. The ATM did not work entire stay. Food in Beachcomber restaurant was good and well priced but the service personnel while very charming are not very professional. Nice gift shop with reasonable prices but only open from 8 to 5. One really crazy - most of the rooms have adjoining doors to open as suites if necessary - you might as well open them anyway since they are thin foam core and allow even low conversations to be overheard. Don't worry if you gave up smoking and miss it, the people on the patio next to you will provide all the smoke you need since each patio comes equipped with an inviting ashtray. Housekeeping can be potluck.
Bottom line: beautiful pool, grounds and beach access but facilities are two star at best and personnel, while extremely nice, do not provide quality service. To add insult, the parrots in the lobby screech so loud you have difficulty having a conversation with front desk. BIG NOTE there is no complimentary coffee in the rooms and have to go the Beachcomber -- if it is raining, the cabanas do not have covered access to the main building (restaurant, coffee) - the walk there and back can be 1/4 mile in rain. Overall: not an unpleasant stay but far from excellent property it could be. Would rule out as a business meeting venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isla Grand Beach Resort is the premier resort along the Texas Gulf Coast. Located right on the beach, in the southern portion of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort is easy to find and conveniently located near all of South Padre's top attractions. This beachfront resort has great onsite amenities such as two swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, restaurants, a nightclub, gift shop, coffee shop, activities and more. With such a prime location in the heart of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort offers the kind of warm hospitality, inviting resort atmosphere and top-notch services sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Be sure to ask about our special offers and package deals! From the Grand Bed & Breakfast to the Hole in One Golf package, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. We're the perfect choice for your next business conference featuring 10,000 square feet of conference space. Excitement is never far at Isla Grand Beach Resort. The nearby nightclub has liver entertainment every day of the year featuring bands and musical guests from all over the United States. Whether it's business or pleasure, we're sure that you'll find what you're looking for when staying at our beautiful beach front resort. It's like a tropical getaway that's not too far from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Isla Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Grand Beach Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel Isla Grand Beach
- Radisson South Padre Island