Isla Grand Beach Resort
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$115
$102
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$80
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$95
ComfortSuites
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$144
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$199
$179
Official Hotel
$76
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$177
$167
$98
1,032 results
All reviewscabana roomcrab racestennis courtsquarter duckrecommend this resortlive bandpool bargreat resortpool sidehotel restaurantfull kitchenoff seasonfamily vacationocean viewquarterdeckwindjammerwhiskey
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Big family went. Got 1 condo, 1 poolside rm, 1beachfront rm. very large property. Giant pool areas, shuffleboard ( yes we played) , tennis courts, and easy beach access right at the sidewalk. The beds were hard n our beachfront rm, the sleep # control didn't work, we bought a pillow at Walmart so id have one soft one. Still, it is a great complex that worked well for our party of 10 including 2 infants.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are a long way from the office, cafe, front area. Condos are multistory so great beach views 5 floor and up.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Older hotel on the beach. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice, the cleanliness between the beach and hotel was the only downfall. Keep it clean. The Bar is great with live music and fun atmosphere. The whisky shack makes great turbo banana coladas.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This an e-mail I sent to the GM
"I hope this e-mail dose to the GM directly .
I have been traveling all my life worldwide , I stay usually in 4 and 5 stars hotels . The customer service I always get is very satisfying specially the check in process where services are usually is exceptionally good, it’s not the case with your hotel . You guys have the worst customer service , completely unprofessional and rude reception personal , even worse supervisor. For a $500 a night , I would expect far better service and treatment . I have no issues with the hotel as far amenities , Location and food , but definitely not the personal . I have been in the travel business for 13 years and If I am still in the travel business , I would never book your hotel to any one . You guys should be ashamed of yourself. I stayed in this hotel once when it was Radisson and though I would get the same customer service , but obviously I was wrong .

I was so happy to see other resorts are opening up so the $500 will be will spend next time

Room Tip: just don't go there at all
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 795Marco
Reviewed May 2, 2013

While the local is great, that is all you are truly paying for. The rooms and service are not worth the price of the room. I work in the hotel industry, and am sitting by the pool wondering how they call themselves a resort. While they do have all the amenities of a resort, the service is little to nothing. If this was my property I would renovate the staff before the rooms. I totally agree with the previous post, even at a la Quinta, you get a coffee maker and microwave in your room, heck you even get breakfast and they charge under a hundred dollars. For $250 in the off season, I would look else where.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cindyg_69ada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We thought the room was ridiculously overpriced: $250 for a king size bed, small fridge (no microwave), outdated decor, intermittent wi-fi, and small balcony. There was not even a pad and pencil by the phone or in the room. But our granddaughter wanted to spend the night for her birthday. There are two pools. One is heated and the other is not. The girls were having a great time in the heated pool when there was an unfortunate incident. A toddler was in the pool and had an accident of the large floating kind. Management immediately emptied the pool and it was closed until the next morning. (They absolutely did the right thing.) The other pool was too cold, so they went down to the beach. They were going to play shuffleboard but the court is not lighted and it was close to dark at that time. We did request extra pillows and extra blankets which were delivered about three hours after the request. Our room was on the north side of the complex and parking was easily available. The room was very clean and my limited contact with staff was pleasant. But for $250 I expect some measure of luxury, not just nice grounds. In our case, the pool was not available (not the hotel's fault) and it was too late for other outside activities. Sooo, we will be checking other hotels on the island. The poor rating is NOT due to the pool accident. But it didn't help. The sleep number bed was nice. Did not check out the fitness center.

Room Tip: The hotel is located quite a ways back from the highway, so it is sheltered from road noise. The north side cabana rooms are very quiet. If you asked for a room closer to the beach you would have a view overlooking the heated pool and more of a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family