Isla Grand Beach Resort
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$39
Very Good 4/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$110
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$67
ComfortSuites
Very Good 4/5
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$85
Very Good 4/5
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$125
$116
Official Hotel
$42
$38
Good 3.5/5
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$76
Groupon.com
$89
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$73
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,005 results
All reviewscabana roomcrab racestennis courtsquarter duckrecommend this resortlive bandpool bargreat resortpool sidehotel restaurantfull kitchenoff seasonfamily vacationocean viewquarterdeckwindjammerwhiskey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This an e-mail I sent to the GM
"I hope this e-mail dose to the GM directly .
I have been traveling all my life worldwide , I stay usually in 4 and 5 stars hotels . The customer service I always get is very satisfying specially the check in process where services are usually is exceptionally good, it’s not the case with your hotel . You guys have the worst customer service , completely unprofessional and rude reception personal , even worse supervisor. For a $500 a night , I would expect far better service and treatment . I have no issues with the hotel as far amenities , Location and food , but definitely not the personal . I have been in the travel business for 13 years and If I am still in the travel business , I would never book your hotel to any one . You guys should be ashamed of yourself. I stayed in this hotel once when it was Radisson and though I would get the same customer service , but obviously I was wrong .

I was so happy to see other resorts are opening up so the $500 will be will spend next time

Room Tip: just don't go there at all
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 795Marco
Reviewed May 2, 2013

While the local is great, that is all you are truly paying for. The rooms and service are not worth the price of the room. I work in the hotel industry, and am sitting by the pool wondering how they call themselves a resort. While they do have all the amenities of a resort, the service is little to nothing. If this was my property I would renovate the staff before the rooms. I totally agree with the previous post, even at a la Quinta, you get a coffee maker and microwave in your room, heck you even get breakfast and they charge under a hundred dollars. For $250 in the off season, I would look else where.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cindyg_69ada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We thought the room was ridiculously overpriced: $250 for a king size bed, small fridge (no microwave), outdated decor, intermittent wi-fi, and small balcony. There was not even a pad and pencil by the phone or in the room. But our granddaughter wanted to spend the night for her birthday. There are two pools. One is heated and the other is not. The girls were having a great time in the heated pool when there was an unfortunate incident. A toddler was in the pool and had an accident of the large floating kind. Management immediately emptied the pool and it was closed until the next morning. (They absolutely did the right thing.) The other pool was too cold, so they went down to the beach. They were going to play shuffleboard but the court is not lighted and it was close to dark at that time. We did request extra pillows and extra blankets which were delivered about three hours after the request. Our room was on the north side of the complex and parking was easily available. The room was very clean and my limited contact with staff was pleasant. But for $250 I expect some measure of luxury, not just nice grounds. In our case, the pool was not available (not the hotel's fault) and it was too late for other outside activities. Sooo, we will be checking other hotels on the island. The poor rating is NOT due to the pool accident. But it didn't help. The sleep number bed was nice. Did not check out the fitness center.

Room Tip: The hotel is located quite a ways back from the highway, so it is sheltered from road noise. The north side cabana rooms are very quiet. If you asked for a room closer to the beach you would have a view overlooking the heated pool and more of a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Texas1964
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great for families, service was good. Nice large pools roomservice was great. The only bad thing was the rooms for what we paid it was not worth it. The rooms were old outdated they looked like a cheap motel. There was a lizard in the bathroom. The beds were not sleep number they did not work. I would only stay there again if the rooms were remodeled.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Upon entering the grounds you can see that, in its hayday, this facility used to be a wonderful place for families. Most of the facilities themselves are in generally good repair, though you can still smell the odor of old cigarettes in their now non-smoking rooms. The pool is decent (not heated) though the chairs and loungers are worn and there are relatively no jets in the hot tubs. Unfortunately, current managment and staff leave something to be desired in their manners and practices. We were there a total of 4 nights and had to call room service twice for more supplies/towels because the maids did not make it to our room for some reason. In addition, the front desk staff doesn't seem to know the answer to anything and tend to hang up on you abruptly when you ask for a wake up call or for shampoo and towels instead of saying, "Goodbye". Very strange.

The facility itself is tolerable, with Sleep Number beds and vinyl furniture in the rooms but also provided a small refrigerator and a safe. Unfortunately, the first few days were were there, a family of 6 were in the room next to us. The one saving grace is that there was a hopping little bar on the 2nd floor where they had live music and dancing. Interesting place. However, won't stay there again - if I stay on the island I'll stay at the LaQuinta, Hilton Garden Inn, or Pearl Hotel!

Room Tip: Parking available behind either side of separate rooms. Jumping weekend night club on 2nd floor with live music! (Might avoid 2nd and 3rd floor in main building if possible on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business