Isla Grand Beach Resort
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$225
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$216
$183
ComfortSuites
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$239
Official Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$220
La Quinta
$217
$255
HIExpress.com
Super 8 by Wyndham South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
$136
getaroom.com
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$288
TripAdvisor
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
1,037 results
All reviewscabana roomtennis courtsquarter duckrecommend this resortlive bandpoolside barpool areagreat resorthotel restaurantfull kitchenfamily vacationoff seasonocean viewquarterdeckwindjammerwhiskeyshack
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for a week. Terrible front desk curiosity, security guards are rude as any security guards i have ever met. Have never been treated as poorly as I have at this hotel in my life. The worst and most terrible hospitality I have ever dealt with of any hotel I have ever stayed at. I know its a big spring break spot but as one of the few people that actually post on this I wouldn't, and will never stay here again. I will never recommend this to anyone, let alone even mention it to anyone trying to stay in south padre island. The best part of this joke of a hotel is the elevator guides that sit in the elevator all day. Worst hotel experience of my life

Room Tip: If you are not staying with grown adults do not even consider staying here as they treat you like second class citizens and do not even consider your opinions or feelings towards anything throughout your entire stay. Disappointing as the hotel could actually be a great place if only the management hired people that actually cared about their patients.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guest262
islagrand, General Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to post a review. All of your concerns will be looked into and we apologize that you didn't have a great stay. Again thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to South Padre Island.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A group of my friends and I went down to South Padre for our spring break at the beginning of March. It was a great place for college spring break; lots of people, great bars/clubs, and really nice locals who'll help you find the hidden places the locals love. However, the front desk service at the hotel was absolutely terrible. They were rude, short, and very dismissive. One of our friends was unable to come at the last minute, and at one point the staff told us we would not be able to get in to our room if she didn't come. Also, checkout took an hour and a half so be prepared to wait if you're there for spring break. Overall the hotel was average but the atmosphere was insanely fun.

Room Tip: The condos in the Towers are the best for large groups.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adrienne P

Thank you for your review. I will be addressing your concerns with our staff. We here at the Isla Grand Beach Resort want to ensure that all of our guests enjoy not only their room but their entire stay. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future. We hope you enjoyed Spring Break On South Padre Island.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have never stayed at this hotel but had always heard good things about it. I was so very dissapointed when I walked into the three bedroom we got. I felt as if I had walked backed into the 70's. The comforters were dreadful flowery and so old. The bed so stiff. The rooms smelled old. The TV's in the room are the huge fat old Tv's. The furniture is so so old worn and scratched. The view from the balcony was the black roof top from the rest of the hotel. I will tell you what the room was so bad I opted to go sleep at a friends home. Two other couples were with us that night and they shared the same experience about their room as well. I understand this place charges crazy high rates during the summer, they really need to update their rooms and make it worth while. My room number was 301, warning..............pretty bad, won't ever stay there again nor recommend

Room Tip: sure wish I could have taken photos to share
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank annabel g
Reviewed February 19, 2013

So after a lot of search on tripadvisor, we found Isla Grand. I was very skeptical about the Beach Front Room when I booked it, hoping it would be 'beach-front', and it was!:) However this was room 162 to 164..I dont think the rooms on the other end had the same awesome view.
Room: Beach Front, the balcony opens to the beach, which is kept fairly clean..so you can walk in directly from the beach..and enjoy the ocean view allll day long!
Pluses: -The view
-we luckily got a Valentines deal..so our stay was a little more economical with the one night and another night discounted at 50% off.
-the resort feel is good, you have plenty to do here or just relax, the landscape is lovely and inviting.
-the beachfront cafe is one of the nicest spots for an amazing view of the resort with the beach in the background.

Not such a plus:
-Service is not upto the mark, we had to call and follow up to get the champagne and strawberries which were complimentary
-The beds and bed covers seemed rundown...that was my biggest complaint, just couldnt get comfortable sleep, and bet you need that on a vacation:(
-The three rooms have inter connected doors! so pray that you dont have a noisy party across.

We would go back just for the view! not for the original price though, only if we get a good deal again.

Room Tip: Try the Beach front rooms 161/162/163 for the best view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DivyaGupta1984
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were at South Padre Island in 2010 on vacation. It's the best area of Texas to see the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico! They had us on the top floor in center to the side facing the beach. The Hotel has a beautiful pool area right below there then a walk way that leads out to the beach! From our baloney we could watch the waves come in from the Gulf of Mexico! How grand!!! I took my sketch journal down to the beach & did a watercolor of the beach near by. Only bad thing to come out of this was that in my hurry to get there, I had forgotten I apply sunscreen on my legs & feet. It resulted in a major sun burn that I had trouble wearing shoes for a while!! But, I ended up with a great little watercolor sketch of the beach which I'll see if I can down load it on this site. But the hotel was a wonderful place to stay with fun & beauty just steppe away!

• Stayed: March 2012