“Highlight of our vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal Flats Guide Service

Crystal Flats Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crystal Flats Guide Service South Padre Island, Texas My name is Captain Cliff Fleming and I specialize in private bay fishing trips. I am a local fishing guide that has been fishing the Lower Laguna Madre since 1974. My passion to fish turned me into a passionate professional guide in 1986 when I got licensed by the USCG. When you fish with me my main goal is to have FUN while catching quality fish. I am a patient teacher and a low key coach for experienced anglers as well as small children. I have several small children of my own and know what Mom and Dad are usually looking for on a days fishing outing with their own precious children. Everything is provided: bait, tackle, ice, and drinking water. Anyone 17 or older will need at least a one day Texas fishing license. I have quality tackle and a flats boat that easily navigates the very shallow waters of the bay and also handles the near shore fishing challenges as well. We catch redfish, speckled trout, flounder, snook, kings, tarpon, mangrove snapper, and spanish mackeral as the seasonal runs provide them to us. If you and your family or buddies want to go on a FUN filled fishing trip, learn some new techniques, and get some local history of the area at the same time, I can provide those services while catching some great fish. Sight fishing, spin fishing, bait fishing, and fly fishing are all in my bag of services. No need to shop around you have just located your new favorite fishing guide and services. Take a look at my web site links for more details, photos, information, and reviews by previous fishing clients on google places. In addition to fishing, I do fireworks tours, dolphin watches, and boat tours for small private groups. Feel free to call or email anytime to hold your reservation for a SUPER FUN day on the water.
“Highlight of our vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fishing with Capt Cliff was an extreme pleasure. He is extremely knowledgeable of the area as well as ocean life. I can't remember ever having so much fun and have fished all my life. I would recommend Capt Cliff for any experience level of fishing. Don't miss out in this adventure if visiting South Padre.

Visited August 2013
Cliff F, Owner at Crystal Flats Guide Service, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Great comments. Do return soon. I have the fish waiting for you.

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top South Padre Fishing Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have been fishing in the area for almost 30 years and have a used a variety of guides. Cliff is at the top of the list. He has a great boat, top notch equipment and most importantly consistently gets you on fish, even when the fishing is “off’. Cliff is tuned into providing excellent customer service and is consistently patient and instructive. I give him 5 stars.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mark L
Cliff F, Owner at Crystal Flats Guide Service, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hello Mark,
Thanks for taking time to review our trip. Your business is always very much appreciated. If you need to contact me feel free to do so. I am looking forward to next spring and hearing from you. Keep a tight line.
Capt. Cliff Fleming
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Catch and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a great time with Cliff. Cliff is a great story teller and he put you on the fish. Just finished a great meal of Sea Trout. Tomorrow its Red fish. Can't go wrong with Capt. Cliff.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jeff T
Super comments......thanks. Clients like you dont get any better either. Great comments. Do return soon. I have the fish waiting for you.
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fishing trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Perfect weather and successful fishing. Capt. Cliff was friendly and knowledgable.
We didn't have to go very far in the bay and first cast caught a trout.
We spent first hour catching plenty of fish in first spot. Fishing was consistently good and cliff was great helping with landing the red fish. It was really fun and exciting pulling in the fighting redfish.
The final count was 3good reds and 8 good trout and probably that many got away. We got back and they cleaned thefish. Cliff suggested taking the fish to restaurants on the island where they would cook some of the catch. Great idea dinner was incredible. All to say great fishing, great guide and will definitely use Capt. Fleming our next trip to the island.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Melanie E
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“He is the fish whisperer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I had a great time with Captain Cliff Fleming. We were able to spend the perfect amount of time at each fishing spot. We caught trout within 10min of arriving to the first spot!

We then went to a spot to catch black drum fish. We managed to catch 10 drum. Captain Fleming was able to tell us exactly when and where to cast our lines for the drum fish. Almost instantly we were catching Black Drum!

So if you want a great family fishing trip w/o sea sickness try bay fishing with Captain Cliff Fleming!

1 Thank Mskrab
Super comments......thanks. Clients like you dont get any better either. I cant wait for another great day. Do return soon. I have the fish waiting for you. However being a fish whisperer might just be a stretch.