“Nasty food, nasty people!!!”
Review of PadreRitaGrill

PadreRitaGrill
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
“Nasty food, nasty people!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Huge mistake!! Food is not worth the price, and the owner is a total biyatchh!!!! Don't bother complaining she will not replace it and will make u pay for it even if you dont eat it. Try senor donkey they are awesome!!!

• Visited June 2013
Padreritaville, Owner at PadreRitaGrill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Im so very sorry you had such a bad experience at PadreRitaGrill. I am the owner and I have only fielded one problem so it might of been your table. 2 ladies and 2 children? The kids burgers were to thick? the Alfredo although good was to runny? The other meal was not tasted but I was told it was not to the 2nd ladies liking? If this was the instance. I remember it well and wanted to do anything to make your table happy but I was unable to do anything that would help. I offered to remake the Alfredo to make it thicker, The children were eating the burgers and I would of been happy to cut the burger in half to make it thinner for them. And the other entrée I do not even think we got to in our conversation before I was beat up so badly that I did not know what to do to help. So I stepped away. I also told the entertainer playing music to stop until you had left because you felt it was to loud. I truly wanted you to have a good experience but just could do nothing right for you. We packed up your food to go for you hoping when you were not so angry you might enjoy it. I do not have all the answers and wish I would of handled things differently for you, I just did not know what to do. I am truly sorry.
Cathy Laferty
Owner

Fort Worth, Texas
“Don't just wander in...drive right by”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Made the mistake of just heading out to dinner without looking up reviews on my phone. Looked decent enough from the outside..from the name we thought it would be a good blend of seafood/Tex Mex. Wrong. They have it "all" complete with a popcorn machine in the bar area and steaks, tacos, shrimp, pasta and heaven knows what else on the menu. I love seafood but the $23.00 buffet looked eh, a little overpriced for what they had. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
“Terrible ... I have to agree!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had breakfast here on May 26th. We came in a bit late, around 10 a.m. They have a buffet, but it had been picked over and not refilled. Therefore, what was left looked nasty. So we decided to order off the menu. My older son wanted to try steak and eggs. Because the restaurant was short staffed (I asked what was taking so long) the waittress advised that several workers didn't show up, but called in sick. They may not have been paid! Oh, I don't know that. But service was good and with a smile, but to get the breakfasts out took about 20 minutes. Once the food arrived we were short the steak and eggs! Unfortunately, the chef had failed to defrost some of the steaks. So my son could change the order or stay with it. If he stayed with it, it would take another 15 minutes for his dish to arrive. He stayed with it and they comped the steak and eggs and gave it to him for free. However, the steak was yucky. A bad piece of meat with a lot of gristle. They don't really know how to chose their meat. Overall, the food was poorly cooked as evidence by everything being overcooked - bacon, potatoes, and eggs. Not a good experience. Again, the staff was very nice.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Breakfast Great!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was staying on the island for a week enjoying the water and going to a different cafe/restaurant each morning for breakfast and to write. This place was on its thirs morning of serving breakfasts Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. I saw the sign and went in. There were only a couple other people there but the place had a very nice look and feel to it. Large rooms, nice decor. Cozy bar, I noted... for an evening visit. Anyway, when asked, the waitress sat me at a table that allowed me to plug in my computer so I could write. She was very eager to talk to me about area offerings and the quality of my meal. Big smile. Great coffee. I ordered banana pancakes... now, I make banana pancakes and consider mine some of the greatest. I cook my bananas in the pancake. These were simply placed outside the pancake. But I have to say, they were delicious... perfectly done, as were the eggs and rest of the meal... it was scrumptious, and large for the money I paid. Great deal, great service, very nice place, central location.

Visited May 2013
Montgomery, Texas
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had lunch at Padre Rita Ville, and the Lunch specials were very good. We both had the shrimp Po Boy sandwich and it also came with seasoned French fries. The Wife also had the Special Shrimp Cocktail for less than a dollar. There was approximately 12 medium shrimp in the cocktail. The only problem with the shrimp cocktail is one per person. We will be back the on our next trip to South Padre Island. Well worth the visit.

Visited April 2013