“Family Fun Place? With out a doubt!!”
Review of PadreRitaGrill

PadreRitaGrill
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
Beach Grove
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Fun Place? With out a doubt!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

With so many mixed reviews, I decided to take my family for two reasons: They serve food until 12am and because of the Last review by Caleb (A child's opinion).

Upon entering the place we were greeted cheerfully by two hotesses. The hostess immediately allowed our two children (ages 4 & 7) to choose from an array of toys from their treasure chest. The hostes was funny and welcoming, insisting my two boys had to spin their lighted toys as she paraded us to our table.

Recently my husband had surgery for reduced stomache and to our surprise they have a special menu just for that!!! I have only seen that in Dallas (where we are from). I knew this was going to be good.

Our waiter introduced himself as Steve and told us about that evening's specials, and the buffet (which you could die for).

He gave us a few moments as he retrieved our drinks.

The music was great. The band even did a kid's song for all the children to join in. So far the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable. I was still waiting to see if the not so positive reviews would pop up. None so far.

My cboys had the hot dogs and fries from the children's menu. My husband ordered the grilled Tilapia with coleslaw and I decided to try the shrimp diablo.

Our food arrived in less then 20 minutes. I was surprised because the place was packed,

It was great! we enjoyed the music that we ended up staying an hour longer before heading back to the hotel. Plus the hostess came to our table and gave the boys crayons to draw on the wall. ( look for us by the fire place! A bird and a firetruck by Josh and Jeremy!)

I am not one to write reviews. We had such an enjoyable time, I felt this place needed a true review.

Debbie and Ray Beven
Indiana

1 Thank DebbieBeven

Dallas, Texas
“Worst Experience - Bad Food Poor Service”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The service was poor and slow at this restaurant. It took 30 minutes to receive drink orders and another 30 mins to receive appetizers. We were there 11/2 hours before we received our food. When our food arrived, the soup was cold, the nachos were unrecognizable and we couldn't find the fish in the fish tacos. When we complained about the slow service, we were told to go eat somewhere else. Do not waste your time or money at this restaurant!

Denton, Texas
“Kidz Review - Caleb from Denton, TX”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Kids can have a great time here too! Don't be fooled because there's a bar in this restaurant because it is very kid friendly. I'm 10 years old so I should know. The food is great for both kids and adults. Kids are given toys and can draw or write on the walls because they want us to have a fun time too.

I had the cheeseburger and it was awesome but more food then I coud eat. My grand-parents had fish and shrimp meals that they really enjoyed too. Our waiter was really nice and I had a lot of fun with him and Ivy at the front door greets all the kids in a friendly way.

I would recommend this restaurant to everyone with families who want a fun place to take their kids while on S. Padre Island.

Caleb Wertz from Crossroads (Denton Area) Texas

1 Thank Caleb1010
San Antonio, Texas
“Worst experience ever!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

After sitting down with all 12 family members, we experienced horrible service and even worst response to our complaint.. We sat down down and it took at least half an hour before we rcvd our drink order, and over an hour before our appetizers arrived. Even our server knew the kitchen was slow. We ordered boiled shrimp and oysers...how hard is that!!! Then we put in our order with the server, still no appetizers, and when we complained, the owners tried to tell us that we were wrong. The manager, who actually tried to do her job, was considerate and actually trying to help. When we did receive our food, it was not very good. Soups were cold, etc., The owners were very defensive and rude. When we paid our bill and walked out the owner, who also sings, told us that we should go somewhere else next time. In front of everyone ON THE MICROPHONE.!! ....We spent over $250 dollars and still tipped our server well. wE WILL TAKE HIS ADVICE NEXT TIME!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!!!

3 Thank SPURSFAN32
Round Rock, Tx
“Decent Food at a Decent Price”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Comfortable atmosphere for adults with good service, decent food and reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2011