“Management Mike”

Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf manmade waves, move from ride to ride without ever leaving the water, blast uphill and down on thrilling water coasters or float peacefully on passive rides at this tropical water park along the beaches of South Padre Island. Over two dozens attractions for all ages, park has both outdoor and indoor attractions. Indoor attractions are open year-round in an heated, covered environment. Waterpark also has a beachfront resort hotel, multiple restaurants, 100' tall zipline ride and underwater Sea Trek attraction (open seasonally). Outside food and beverages are allowed (no glass or alcohol), free parking, free use of inner tubes and free use of life vests. Private cabanas with table side wait staff are also available for rental.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Management Mike”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Just the responses from Mike to people who were not pleased with their visits would make me not visit this park. I can overlook peoples personal opinions. But when management is ugly in response to customer reviews it just shows poor management skills.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank pattonjamie
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
I apologize if you took my response the wrong way or if my language was clumsy, as we take every critique and comment seriously, which is why we take the time to comment to each and every one, share amongst our team members and discuss ways to improve in our meetings.

We are proud of all of the modern technological advancements we provide, the safety that we provide our Guests, with an array of activities for all ages, all in the beautiful setting along South Padre's beaches.

Two of our mantras are to exceed Guest expectations and do the right thing, which is always our goal.

When someone disparages our Guests due to physical appearance, that is something that I felt should not be ignored.

Once again, I will make attempts on my end to provide more clear responses to thank our Guests for their comments.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“overrated.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Overcrowded, understaffed. Rides average. Some rides closed. The park ran out of water in the middle of a hot summer day.!!!I was given on several occasions the wrong information by the staff.The crowd in the park looked very trashy and vulgar. Today called corporate office and had no return call.Be careful with the park hotel. The check in time was over two hours ,room was delivered late.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank PocoPaco
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Sorry you did not find your experience as enjoyable as so many other Guests do...with four uphill water coasters, two four story tall slides, both a lazy river and a tidal wave river, plus the multiple kids areas, swim-up bars and, of course, world famous Boogie Bahn, there is plenty for all ages to do....not to even mention being located on the beautiful South Padre Island beaches!

I take exception with the understaffed comments as if you read the many posts you will see how often we receive plaudits for our multitude of lifeguards. safety and security personnel as well as the many food stands.

As far as your stereotyping our Guests.....well....I will let your comments reflect your opinions.
Houston, TX
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Good family activity while in SPI”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We had kids with us from 18, 15 and 6 year olds. All of us had a great time. We did spring for a Cabana - pricey ($150 in peak season) but if you can do that, go for it. We had number 9 and it was a great location - right by an entrance and also the end of the rapids and another ride. We also had a bathroom right by it and a "cabana boy" that provided full service - we didn't have to fight lines, try to find a table to eat and meet at, etc. yes, it's pricey but we felt worth it.

I've been to the original Schlitterbahn - yes, this one is so small in comparison, but what I DID like was that you get in the lazy river and pretty much never have to get out - all the lines for the rides start off the lazy river. And you stay in the line in your tube - great way to stay cool in the 100 degree July heat!!

I would also spring the extra $$$ for the refillable cup (if you didn't bring in your own cooler which is a great option). We refilled it about 6 times, so it more than paid for it.

3 Thank TexasTravelerLover
Thanks for visiting and posting such a nice review...the cabanas are designed to provide the over the top service that many are looking for during their vacation stay with us complete with day long table side service in your own little tropical oasis getaway.

The souvenir cups (yours to keep) are a great way to save some money and not have to worry about dragging an ice chest in...plus, did you know you can bring it back on your next visit and refill with soft drinks for just a $1??

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit,
San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“conveyor belts!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We've been to the New Braunfels park, this is not the same but that's ok! two words: conveyor belts!! You can literally get on a float & never get up until it's time to eat or leave, it's hilarious. It took us a bit to realize you can just follow the river around to the next slide, float into line and a conveyor belt will take you right up. Carrying in ice chests makes it even more affordable but the food was good too. We enjoyed watching the surfing but none of us were brave enough to try it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kellye289
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thanks for the kind words & be brave!! Next time we expect to see you on the Boogie Bahn surfing ride....besides sliding off the boogie board, all is good!!!

And yes, we have FOUR uphill water coasters right here at the beach!

Thanks,
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing! ”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Even though we live in the RGV we decided to spend our summer vacation at Schlitterbahn in SPI and it was great! My kids ages 8 and 9 loved it. Also, having the lifeguards there every couple of feet away reassured me and let me relax and enjoy our vacation. Looking forward to going back again real soon.

2 Thank estela0524
Safety & fun all right in your own backyard here in the Valley!

A great way for the "locals" to have a memorable vacation with the family and save some travel costs, plus we do our part by allowing free outside food & drinks, plus offer free parking!

So close, you can treat the family to "vacations" more often!

Thanks,