“Super Fun!”

Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf manmade waves, move from ride to ride without ever leaving the water, blast uphill and down on thrilling water coasters or float peacefully on passive rides at this tropical water park along the beaches of South Padre Island. Over two dozens attractions for all ages, park has both outdoor and indoor attractions. Indoor attractions are open year-round in an heated, covered environment. Waterpark also has a beachfront resort hotel, multiple restaurants, 100' tall zipline ride and underwater Sea Trek attraction (open seasonally). Outside food and beverages are allowed (no glass or alcohol), free parking, free use of inner tubes and free use of life vests. Private cabanas with table side wait staff are also available for rental.
Frisco, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Super Fun!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Such fun! We were there when the outdoor park was open (didn't know there was an indoor park) for the season, only on weekends, and had a ball! Our almost 3 year old and 6 year old had so much fun and we (parents) did, too! It was all part of vacation, so cost wasn't a huge factor in it but regardless of price, we loved it! All the action, attractions and staff were great!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank sb12000
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for visiting! The new indoor, year-round heated park is reasonably priced and a perfect way to enjoy a day with the family. Hope you get to come down from Colorado again soon and can enjoy both the indoor and outdoor waterparks!

gregturcotte
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family day trip above 60 degrees F”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

In the winter only the indoor park is open. It is not very big, but our 11 and 9 year old had a really good time for 6 hours. We ate the park food which was tasty and a good value, but you can bring your own. The lazy river wasn't lazy at all with big waves, we had a great time on it, but if your child is scared of waves, there's very little to do here for you.

1 Thank gregturcotte
Glad to hear you enjoyed 6 hours of fun! We have a large kid's area in addition to two five-story slides, plus a swim-up bar, saltwater, beachfront pool, indoor carousel and more....watch for the new Surf 360 ride coming soon as well!
freeport, tx
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“the weekend...”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If I had not gotten a "special" I would have been very upset. I just came back from spending the weekend at the "resort". When i pulled up to the entrance I was impressed, it is new and nicely designed. Upon entrance to the the lobby I noticed a sign saying cash only, their computers were down. The staff was doing the best they could in the circumstance. They let me and several others guests check in early several hours early which was a good thing after driving 7 hours. I had to go back later with my credit card when the system came back up, which was no big deal. The only complaint was the clerk didn't tell me how much "deposit" was being charged to my card, she just swiped it and handed it back.After getting to our room, we decided to change and head down to the water park. The room was really nice with great wooden furniture. The main complaint was the bathroom, it is far to small to comfortably change clothes in. I didn't expect much from the waterpark, having been to galveston indoor park. However, I did expect it to be heated, which it is not. My daughter and her best friend hung out for maybe an hour before they were bored. This place is new, still under construction, and getting the kinks out. I think during the summer it would be a nice place to stay. The beach access is wonderful, so is the heated outdoor pool. There are few things like a bigger trash can in room, maybe fire pit outside somewhere for cold winter months that would make place little better.

1 Thank brazosport69
Thanks for all the feedback, comments and review....computer issues are an unfortunate reality from time to time and I appreciate your patience and kind words for our staff. The loblolly pines used throughout the property, obtained from the Bastrop wildfires of 2011, lend an historic adn beautiful ambience to the property. Heating issues with the indoor water temperature have been corrected and saying "opening kinks" is well stated. We look forward to you visiting again and enjoying the resort with all it's amenities and visiting our award-winning outdoor park as well.
South Padre Island, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Cold in Winter, advertised as heated!!!!!! Not so”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and 2 grandkids and I went to the Indoor park Jan. 2, 2012 with plans to buy a Season Pass and come back everyday for that week. The water temperature was bearable, but the air temp was 65*, cold, when one is wet! My granddaugthers' lips were blue and her tooth coutld not stop chattering, so some staff suggested we take her outside (45*!) to the hot tube. We tried and loved it as the water was 92* and the tub was big enough to swim in. We spent the rest of our time there. We had planned to stay all day, eat at the restaurant, etc., but due to the cold indoor temps., left early.

Needless to say we DID NOT buy a season pass.

Too bad, as I was going to recommend it to our condo guests as I was reviewing the property for our guest book.

1 Thank Birdbet
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We did experience a few difficulties with our heating system during the time of your visit. The issues have been resolved and I sincerely hope you visit again to experience the indoor, heated, year-round park as is intended. The overall reactions to the indoor park have been fantastic and we are very happy to give our South Padre visitors and Rio Grande Valley residents more family entertainment at a reasonable price than ever before. With seven new attractions, this has been our largest expansion on South Padre ever and there is still more to come!
Texas City, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Indoor Schlitterbahn - Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My plan was to stay the whole 9 hours, but we left after staying just 5 hours. We were there when the temperatures outside were in the mid 40s and I was specifically told by several staff members that the indoor temperature would be in the 80s. It started out like that, but when I went to check hours later, the temperature was 65. Brrrr....that's cold when you're wet! I was told it was due to the construction going on with the newest added attraction (which by the way, people are going to love!) Mega Blast (think 3 stories of water guns). I can't complain about the price; we paid $14 & 5 canned goods per ticket. And it was fun! There are 2 huge water slides; a kiddie area with a huge Pirate ship and the water is very warm. I would absolutely love this place if my kids were younger and I wanted to keep an eye on them and of course if the 80s temperature was maintained.