“Kiting in March” 5 of 5 bubbles

$26.75*
and up
South Padre Island Single or Double Kayak Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: South Padre Island Water Sports offers: lessons, rentals and equipment on South Padre Island, Texas. Our waterfront property makes getting out on the bay on a kayak or SUP super easy. Rental offerings include: Stand Up Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Surfboards, Boogie Boards, Skim Boards, Water Bikes, Kiteboards and Kitesurf Boards. Flyboarding Lessons are our newsest offering.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Montreal, Canada
“Kiting in March”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent Staff, Wicked Gear, Great Service, knowledgeable staff helped us get the most out of our week on the island.
Mike and Mad and Ben

Visited March 2013
AirPadre, Manager at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your great response. Yes sometimes the wind can be difficult. Hope to see you back down soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the pleasure to take kite lessons from Petra - a very experienced instructor with a real focus on security, while making you actually feel safe, not scared, of kite surfing.
She went out of her way to make sure I got as much kiting hours as possible despite the bad wind, jumping out of her personal duties to accomodate my schedule and the weather, with the most positive attitude.
The place is great to learn to kite, because you have flat waters and (often) good wind. I was just unlucky it didn't blow that much for the 5 days I was there.

Visited March 2013
Galen G, Manager at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your great reveiw hope to see you back soon.

Thanks Gears
Traveler
“Air Padre Kiteboarding - Great Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had such a great time learning to kiteboard with Air Padre. The entire staff was consistently professional, helpful, and friendly. Our instructor was particularly fantastic. He made certain that we progressed in a safe and logical manner and went out of his way to keep us informed on wind conditions throughout the week. Meanwhile, he also made sure that we absolutely had a blast while we were learning to kite for the very first time. I highly recommend Air Padre for their level of professionalism, safety, and customer service (and radio helmets very helpful when learning!).

Visited December 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Hydro-Bikes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a fantastic experience on the hydro-bikes at Air Padre. Our family, including a 16 year old son and 11 year old daughter, thoroughly enjoyed the hydro-bikes on two different days! The South Padre bay is calm and shallow (can stand up in most places) with beautiful coastal views and elegant birds to "cycle" past. Gaylon provided great instructions on how to stay between the posts and avoid the shallow areas with sea weed.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank MarkFamily82
White Rock, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and pointers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

United Air Lines ripped my bag and 2 kites on Sat. night. Jeff and Gears had me on the water with one repaired kite and another new one by the next afternoon ...my trip was saved. Jeff also was able to trouble shoot my poor technique in the shop and had me floating my jumps with just a few pointers. Thank you Jeff & Gears

Visited October 2012