“Awesome Hydro-Bikes!”

and up
Water Bike Rental on South Padre Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: South Padre Island Water Sports offers: lessons and rentals on South Padre Island, Texas. Our waterfront property makes getting out on the bay on a kayak or paddle board super easy. Rental offerings include: Stand Up Paddle Boards, Kayaks, water bicycles, surfboards, boogie boards, skim boards, jetskis, kiteboards and kitesurf Boards. Flyboarding Lessons are our newest offering and we also offer lessons for kiteboarding, landboarding, paddle boarding and surfing.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a fantastic experience on the hydro-bikes at Air Padre. Our family, including a 16 year old son and 11 year old daughter, thoroughly enjoyed the hydro-bikes on two different days! The South Padre bay is calm and shallow (can stand up in most places) with beautiful coastal views and elegant birds to "cycle" past. Gaylon provided great instructions on how to stay between the posts and avoid the shallow areas with sea weed.

2  Thank MarkFamily82
All reviews
"jet ski"
in 9 reviews
"great equipment"
in 3 reviews
"feel comfortable and confident"
"upper body strength"
"blast"
"spi"
"padre"

Reviewed November 1, 2012

United Air Lines ripped my bag and 2 kites on Sat. night. Jeff and Gears had me on the water with one repaired kite and another new one by the next afternoon ...my trip was saved. Jeff also was able to trouble shoot my poor technique in the shop and had me floating my jumps with just a few pointers. Thank you Jeff & Gears

1  Thank larry b
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Friendly service, equipment in good shape, great location.
Closed at 4:30 pm which was too early for island time.

2  Thank 59jeanette87
AirPadre, Manager at South Padre Island Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your great review. I would like to mention we close at 5 although we do ask that our rentals be in by 4:30. I understand that may be too early, so we will look into extending that time frame. Again Thanks for you review!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Will definitely be back to this shop for lessons and equipment rental. Nice staff and great prices!

1  Thank financechick
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We just spent 5 days on south padre island. We rented all our equipment from Air Padre. They are a fantastic shop with great gear. Some days, as the wind changed, we'd be in their shop 2 or 3 times changing kites and boards to match the wind conditions. they would allow us to swap out gear with no extra charges. We were able to try out different brands. We needed one small kite repair and they took care of it while we waited. I had one lesson from Joel - by far the best lesson I've ever had. With the boat and radio helmet I was able to progress as rapidly as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to use air padre again. there's no reason to go to any other shop.

1  Thank michael f