“Scuba Diving on the Texas Clipper August 2013”
Review of American Diving

American Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a world-renowned scuba diving center born from that high-adventure spirit which leads you from the office door to the hot sandy beaches of the Mexican border. You can share this excitement with other divers and snorkelers in the deep blue, unspoiled waters of the “Texas Riviera”, territory of the Spanish Galleons and home to pirates of the Devil’s Elbow. Come see our state-of-the-art training facilities. Dive and snorkel from our USCG documented and inspected vessels.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Top Notch! My first time to dive with this organization. I did the one day two tank, (Nitrox) dive on the Texas Clipper. They were on time on target. They did everything they said they were going to do. I would and will dive with them again in the future. The conduct and the professionalism of the crew was outstanding very friendly and knowledgeable about diving on this wreck. Critical due to the difficulty, (scale of 1 to 10, I would rate an 8, definitely divers need to be advanced open water at a minimum with about 25 dives under their belt also Nitrox certified would not hurt). That brings me to one critique, as always it is a mixed bag when it comes to diving on a charter with regards to skill levels of the participants. My opinion there were divers on this trip that weren't up to task in so far as making this adventure dive i.e. large wreck, current, water temp, depth, overheads etc. I would of not let them dive unless they had a guide. I was lucky, got paired up with two experienced divers and no problems. Second critique point the boat. No major problems in so far as maintenance upkeep and piloting, but in my opinion the wrong platform, (a converted oil rig tender boat) Deep V totally enclosed cabin A/C all good but all your gear is stowed up top on the cabin and you can't get to it till you hit the water, (me I like having positive control on my gear) also while the vessel is under way no problem but when stopped with the it sitting high in the water rolls like a B@#$. Again, not really configured for diving it is a transport vessel. Other than that it was a great day of diving! Todd K Rockport TX

5  Thank I-Be-Billy-Bones
in 14 reviews
"padre"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Definitely a fun activity. You only snorkel in a few feet of water so safe for all swimmers and life jackets are available. Super nice staff that were very helpful. If you've snorkeled on a tropical reef this trip is a bit of a let down but still fun. You can feed this fish, pick up hermit crabs, and things like that.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a party of six, (including two young children) for a snorkling trip. The crew was fantastic and made a point to spend time with the children to educate them about sealife and ensur ed everyone knew the basics of how to snorkle. Family had a great time learning how to snorkle and enjoyed the trip. Will definitely be going back on our next trip!

1  Thank William K
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Diving was great. Took boy scouts down for a week. Lonnie and crew was very patient and took care of us all. Gotta get back for the clipper and a whale shark .

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2012

American Diving is a top notch dive operation. The boat is very nice and clean. A/C cabin, onboard restroom, plenty of soft drinks and water, and breakfast tacos and a good lunch too. All of the crew are very helpful and attentive. They pretty much do everything for you. We had great conditions with very little current and relatively calm seas. The Texas Clipper is a cool dive and American Diving is extremely knowledgeable about The Clipper. Be prepared for some great diving!

3  Thank Kurt B