“Not your typical trail ride”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
Kaufman, Texas, United States
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not your typical trail ride”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Most trail rides are boring nose to tail follow the leader slower than turtle affairs... not this one.
The staff herded us across the street and over the dunes and right out on the beach. Then we walked at our own pace, side by side and strung out. The wranglers were always close by in case you needed something like... some one to snap the picture!
We really liked this stable.

Visited July 2013

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Friend Flicka”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter rode the Horses on the Beach when she was younger.
She thought it was really cool. She has great memories of that experience.
I suggest it for you children.
Janet

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Do it! Not a thrill seeker ride, but very nice for those of us who aren't.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice ride. You will see a part of the beach that is not easily accessible. Nice for children and adults.

1 Thank HappyTexan401
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What an Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We took a sunset ride that was amazing. Small group with two guides and we rode over the dunes and along the beach and watched the sunset from the Bay side of the island. Horses and staff were great. Only downside was the mosquitos and all the bites I endured.

3 Thank usnafan
“Sunset ride”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I got Crush and my husband got Dozer. Both very nice horses. It was my husbands first time and Dozer was great. Crush was receptive to my "commands" (I should say suggestions, these horses are all very aware of where to go and what to do) when I prompted her for a trot she was eager to go. I would recommend a small class (ours only had 7)and the sunset tour.

3 Thank Redlovesdogs