“Memorable experience”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
Sachse, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Memorable experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lyle & Carlos were great guides. My husband was assigned to Maximus, my son assigned to Peyton & I was assigned to TC which I later found out stood for Terribly Crazy (not sure how I feel about that one). I felt our money was well spent here as my family really enjoyed it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Venus_Ca

Fort Worth, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip for sure !”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We took two teenage girls on the sunset ride and they both agree it was the highlight of our trip. Boat rides and dolphin rides are a dime a dozen on any beach trip but we have never had the chance to do a trail ride on the beach. We were in a smaller group so I'm sure that helped...the pace was nice and easy and we walked right on the beach and in the water at times. None of us are overly experienced riders but that was not a problem...experienced staff help you on and off your horse so you feel comfortable.

I have to give a special shoutout to Victor, one of the staff who worked our ride. He rode at the rear end of the group. He is kind, helpful and very safe and solid at the end of the group. I can tell he is a Dad because he watched over the kids in the group as if they were his own. He also understood the importance of a great picture and he assisted us many times in getting our horses lined up so we could get a great picture..heck, he even TOOK the picture and took several so we could get just the right picture. I don't know if this is something they all do or if it was something allowed just because we were a smaller group but I know it took a lot of work on his part and he acted like he never minded. Also, there was a time or two when the horses decided they would rather go another way and Victor was there so quickly, turning them around and making sure everyone was safely in the group. I work in an industry where proactive safety is a highly sought after skill because you know the staff member is always thinking and looking ahead for any danger or situations that could arise. Victor was always looking and thinking ahead and "on guard." I felt totally confident trusting our family with him. If I was a CEO of a company, he would be placed at the top for sure! And finally, my daughter spotted a whole sand dollar and without even being asked he dismounted and got down to get it for her.

Just a helpful note...they are located at the END of Hw 100 which is a 2 lane road. The traffic can get quite backed up as people are lining up car by car to get into the remote beach access spots. Build in some extra time so you make it to your ride on time.

Visited June 2013
Pullman
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Horses on a beach, what could be better?”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The guides here are what makes this such a good activity. The guides were careful to match the horse and rider's skills and they went out of their way to make sure every rider was comfortable and interacting well with their mount. They even stopped for photo opportunities and took the time to photograph riders on their horses with the ocean in the background. This was definitely a "would do again" activity.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tammie H
Eptingen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sun, Sea, Beach and Horses”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a very friendly welcome but had to wait 1.5 hours for the horseback riding because we did not called before and jumped in without a reservation at 8:30 a.m.
They organized a privat ride for us (2 people, 1 guide) for an hour and for a total of 100 $, a real bargain in this beautiful nature of SPI. We had a lot of fun and were at the end 1:30 hours riding, were allowed to go into the water with the horses, and...and...and. Even the owner/manager was very friendly and explain us the next planned steps to bring more and more fun to SPI Adventures.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rolf R
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Xing this off my Bucket List!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This horse experience was amazing. Myself, my hubby & the 3 kids aged 12-14 had an amazing time riding on the beach. They match you with a horse that is compatible to your experience, the family was happy! We went at sunset. Beautiful!

Visited July 2012