“This was well worth the money!”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
El Paso, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was well worth the money!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We did a sunset ride on the beach and it was amazing!! The guides were so friendly and kind. And the ride up the beach was breathtaking!

Visited September 2012

neverneverland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We did this last year and had a WONDERFUL time! This year was a new crew and a new location and dull, at best! There were far too many people on this excursion and the crew acted more like babysitters than crew! The horses all seemed "under the weather" and the crew seemed to not want people to enjoy. They advertise that this is not a trail ride, but that's EXACTLY what it felt like this year. BORING and probably won't do this again!

Norfolk, Ne
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“the Place to Go Cowboy”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

They have horse of all types, and good natured. Was a fun time on the sunset ride. one and three quarter hours got a little long, but still was fun to do.

Round Rock, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very fun!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My sister in law loves horses so she and I checked this out together. It was very fun! We did the "early" morning ride starting at 10:30. It was quite hot and sunny and I'm glad that we lathered on the sunscreen before we came. I rode Dr. Pepper and she rode Curly. Dr. Pepper seems to have a bit of a sense of humor - he kept trying to shove me leg into other horses. At first I thought I was imagining that he was doing this on purpose, but one of the guides confirmed it later. Ha.

The ride was very beautiful, along a stretch of beach that was almost completely empty. I didn't bring my camera with me because I was afraid the ride would be too rough and it would get damaged, but I wish that I had. At one point you all stop and the guides take pictures of each group. We used my sister in law's cell phone camera but it would have been nice to have the good one.

new york, ny
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Been here twice. The guides are awesome and very helpful. They will choose a horse for you based on your experience. My 12 year old daughter has ridden Two Socks and Cowgirl and both were patient, gentle horses. Kids must wear helmets they provide unless you sign a waiver. Do the Sunset Ride. Amazing!

2 Thank Merle A