“Our guide Alicia was the best! Worth every penny!”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
Anaheim, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our guide Alicia was the best! Worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Island Equestrian Center is the name of the Horses on the Beach on South Padre Island. My husband and I just got married and SPI was a wedding gift given to us by our friends. Not only is SPI a Texas best kept secret but everyone is so friendly! Our guide was friendly, personable, polite, and she event went above and beyond when she gave us a ride to a local restaurant after we left on foot. We started walking towards the downtown area and she drove by and gave us a ride! Wow! Now who does that? Talk about great customer service. Alicia took great pics of us in the sunset, knew a lot about the area, and the horses she picked out for us were gentle.

I highly recommend the sunset ride. It was worth every penny!

Visited November 2011
5 Thank Amy A

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing sunset, well worth the price!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My new husband and I were looking for something special to do while on our mini-moon to South Padre Island. This was amazing! We took the sunset ride along both the bay and beach sides, where we stopped to take photos. The staff was awesome! They got off their horses to pose us properly in the water, and did a great job using our phone to take the pictures. They did this for both sides so we were able to get great sunset pics as well as the gorgeous waves along the beach. One of the staff told us of the history of the beach, he was very knowledgeable of the local hang outs and gave us great advice! And there was a very sweet surprise at the end of the tour. It was most certainly a memory we will hold on to for the rest of our lives!

5 Thank Katelyndawn86
Navarre, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Experience Ever”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

First time riding horses on the beach. We took the first morning ride which lasted 1.5 hrs. It is well worth the extra money. The guides/trail bosses were easy to talk to and were very helpful. The ride along the beach was breath taking.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank izzinavarre
san antonio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“not worth it!!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

! if i knew i was supposed to be going fast i would not have gotten on. were inexpeirenced riding on a horse on a beach filled with many families??? our trainer kept on pressuring us to hurry up and kcik the horse many times but i finally gave in and my horse galloped as fast as he could. my sister did the same and our horses started running like crazy. all of a sudden a child kicked a soccer ball in the direction of our horses and so our trainer quickly went and stopped the ball, while doing that his hat flew off scaring my sisters horse and throwing her off. she dislocated her wrist and had to be sent to the Brownsville valley regional medical center. we got our refund for 4 out of the 8 in our family group, but now my sister has to wear a cast her senior year of high school.

Visited September 2011
7 Thank dora l
SPI-Native, Owner at South Padre Island Adventure Park, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi Dora, as we said at the time of your sisters incident, we're sorry. We do our very best to maintain safety but we can't control the actions of other people...like the fool who kicked a soccer ball into the horses. As a gesture of good intent and concern for your sister and the 3 others who were distressed by the incident we did refund the money for their ride to them. The other 4 members of your family enjoyed their ride. We are glad no others were hurt and wish your sister the best recovery. Please give us another opportunity the next time you are on South Padre Island and we will give you a "private" ride at the "pace" you are comfortable with. Happy trails, Doyle
McKinney, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Ride”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My sister, son and I met my friends and their daughter for the morning ride. It was warm out but the ride was lovely!
The horses were were well fed and nice and fit. The ride on the beach was beautiful. Got some great pictures.

My son,who is 10, was getting a bit tired and sore towards the end of the ride and his horse kept trotting which only made him more uncomfortable. The trail boss gave him a bottle of water, clipped lead rope to his horse, and chatted with him to keep his mind off of it.

While my son might disagree; My sister, my friends, and I would happily go on another ride and I totally agree with the other review that said way better than the water park.

Visited August 2011