“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Review of Osprey Cruises

Osprey Cruises
Ranked #4 of 42 Tours in South Padre Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Osprey Cruises offers a variety of water-related activities and attractions. Deep Sea fishing trips aboard Osprey 1 and Osprey 2. Bay fishing trips aboard Bay King and Buccaneer. Bird watching cruises. Sightseeing cruises. Boat rides. Dolphin watching cruises. Nature and eco trips. Sunset cruises. Fireworks cruises. Osprey Cruises and Black Dragon are the top ranked boating attractions by visitors to South Padre Island area.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thanks to Captain Evy and crew mate Jimmy, I experienced a wonderful fishing trip from Pier 19...well, actually I experienced 3 awesome trips in a 2 day period, as I enjoyed the first one so much! As an inexperienced fisher woman, I highly recommend this trip for everyone. no matter their fishing experience. The staff is knowledgeable, witty, patient, and kind. We caught a great many fish on each trip, including, but not limited to reds, mangrove, whiting, trout , croaker, shark, and octopi, and lots of it on each trip within the bay, and slightly offshore. The cost was reasonable and fit in nicely with my budget. I highly recommend the bay fishing trip off Pier 19, especially with Captain Evarado and Jimmy. I am looking forward to my next trip !

“BEST. TRIP. EVER!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

South Padre Island has a lot to offer, sun, beach, great food, sight seeing, water actives but my favorite of all the attractions to do on the island is off shore fishing. The one and only place I ever would consider going to is off of Pier 19 and it's called Osprey Cruises. Pier 19 is conveniently located immediately as you get onto the island from the bridge which makes finding the Osprey very convenient to find.

The first thing to expect upon entering Pier 19 is a friendly and big Texas welcome. On the left side of the entrance of the shop is the big "Osprey Deep Sea & Bay" catch of the day display where everyone fishing on the boat can proudly display their prized catch. I have to admit, it's an exhilarating experience putting your fish up on that hook after your trip gets back after a days worth of fishing, it was a proud moment for me. So the added anticipation to get out on the water and start fishing after seeing that big display was even more amplified than when I initially got onto the island.

Once you enter the Osprey Shop you and your family are greeted by a member of the crew and check in for your scheduled trip. Next is the fun part, boarding the boat and get ready for the time of your life! No joke.

After boarding, the entire crew introduces themselves and gives you a brief description of what to expect and a brief intro about off shore fishing, which I found very helpful being it was one of the first times I had ever gone offshore. So there you are, sitting on the boat ready to take on the ocean and it's many surprises that end up on your hook. I found the first few minutes after taking off of the dock the most opportune time to take some great scenic shots of your family and the island in the background and maybe even spot a dolphin or two, who knows? Trust me when I say this, you are going to be so busy having loads of fun fishing, your camera will be the last thing that comes across your mind during the trip (of course you'll want to capture a great moment after landing a big fish so keep your camera handy).

Once the action starts and you have a rod in your hand it's nothing but pure adrenaline running through your veins. The two words that you'll start to hear is "FISH ON!", which obviously means a wrangler has a fish on the end of their hook, the two best words to hear on a fishing trip if you ask me. The best thing about the always attentive and helpful crew is they are there for the wranglers 100% of the way during the course of landing a fish. There's no need to worry about bringing anything on the boat either because the crew comes prepared with every essential you will need during your fishing experience. The boat has every kind of bait you'll need, enough fishing rods for everyone to get their own, and of course the most important part, the knowledgeable crew and their helping hands. The coolest little detail is the boat even offers refreshments and snacks just incase anyone on the boat gets thirsty or in need of a snack.

Picture yourself, with your family and loved ones, on the water of the Gulf of Mexico on a beautiful Osprey boat, a rod in your hand, and a FISH ON while you're reeling your catch with the salty wind and sun hitting your face; there is no price to put on that type of experience.

My experience with the Osprey and all the crew this past weekend was unforgettable! I was so excited to finally go off shore I decided to go on more than one trip, so I ended up going on one deep sea trip and two bay trips and it was well worth it. I ended up bringing home lots of fish and more than my catch I got to enjoy a wonderful and fulfilling, one in a lifetime experience. I want to thank some of the crew I had the pleasure of working with, Captain Eve, Captain Bobby, Jimmy, Ernesto, Stephen, Ty, Jessica, and Pablo for making this weekend on of the best vacations I've ever been on. Thanks again guys! Can't wait till the next trip!

Visited November 2012
“Best vacation in years”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Everyone needs to remember it's called fishing not catching. We did 3 cruises from pier 19 with the folks A Bay fishing, deep sea trip & a sea life discovery trip. all were on a different boat, Osprey, Osprey II and I forget the name of the last one. But all 3 were AMAZING each trip had different crew and Captain, the interaction, help, information and personalities on all 3 were so AWESOME I don't think we will ever use any other cruises. On the deep sea trip I just wanted TUNA TUNA TUNA, (lol) well I didnt catch a tuna but I caught other kinds of fish the Captain made at least 6 moves to put us on the fish, the crew ran up and and back and forth for me (handicapped) & and my grandson (10yrs) to make sure we had help and there if we needed them. They are very attentive to all the fishers needs and funny on top of it. We couldn't have asked for a better time then with the gang at Peir 19 & the OSPREY. Food was a one at the restraunt too!!!!

Harlingen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“5 hour deep sea fishing”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Left the dock this morning at 8 am and since we were not having too much luck catching, Captain Tommy kept us out an extra hour. Unfortunately it was not snapper season, because I think all 13 of us on the boat caught at least one or two Red Snapper. I would have been happy just with that, having had very little success in past fishing trips, but my husband caught a king mackerel and another member of our group caught another beautiful king mackerel. The most memorable part of the trip was when Captain Tommy hooked a big fish and gave the only young boy on the boat his reel and coached him as he reeled it in--it was bigger than the boy was! That young man got to reel in another big one and will, no doubt, be a future fisherman. That's what it's all about. Steven and Tommy made the trip fun, the weather was perfect, and we have fish in the freezer. Can't beat that!

1 Thank kaoddvm
Laguna Vista, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Fishing”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I wish I could send you my pictures of the great time we had on the Osprey when fishing. My computer hard drive crashed...so I can't. I live close to South Padre Island and have lived here almost six years. Recently I took my daughter and granddaughter on the Osprey. We limited out on our fish. All three of us limited. We stopped by "The Pier" (which is the restaurant where the "Osprey" docks) and had some of our fish cooked after we came in. It is very inexpensive to have your fish cooked when you arrive. It was WONDERFUL! We had blackened, grilled, and fried fish. Of course, we brought the rest of the fish home. It was great when we cooked it at home, too. Take a book for the way out into the gulf and for the return trip...unless you enjoy the view. You can also byob. Oh, and when you get to the Gulf of Mexico....fish...fish...fish. They take it off your hook! It was a fabulous trip and I hope to do it again. Well worth the money you spend....IF...you like to fish.

Visited July 2012