“Very Friendly Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Dallas, Texas
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I loved being greeted in the morning by the breakfast staff with such big smiles. It was wonderful to see how well they took care of other patrons and staff, too. I enjoyed the breakfast omelet and my compliments to the rest of the staff, too. Always friendly and helpful. I thought our hotel room was wonderful. We had an ocean view and a balcony overlooking the pool area. I loved sitting outside in the morning and evening on the balcony. We were fortunate that the pool area wasn't noisy during our stay. The pillows were perfect, the beds a little firm. The shower head was high enough that a tall person would not have a problem with it. My room was very clean and I would stay there again. I liked the boardwalk access to the beach.

Room Tip: If you get a room with an ocean view, you will also have a view of the pool and any parties and acti...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear guest,

We’re contented by your wonderful time experienced here at Hilton South Padre. Our staff is delighted to be able to provide superb care for you and your spouse. The beach view at our hotel is always a big part of guests’ great experience here. We are truly thankful for the attention you paid to the smaller details of our rooms including the high shower heads. Hope your wonderful experience will bring you back soon.

Aaron R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2013

There is nothing like a good hotelier that knows how and when to please!
Nobody can measure this hotel, it is over the rules. Personnel is very well trained for every aspect. Courtesy, attentive, detailed. There is nothing when a company knows how to deliver service and delivered in real time, You get like a shock when you realize that what you are experiencing is real. Do not get distracted. this hotel is the best hotel I ever been since I left my country 33 years ago. Do not hesitate and book it! I guarantee you will be satisfied. The personnel that serve you in the restaurant are supper, all of them, but Jose and Francisco are the top of the line, get them. Cannot said anything else just booked....and be happy.

Room Tip: best ocean view rooms in south padre
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi Hendrish,

We really appreciate your over the top review, nice comments, and for writing and sharing your experience regarding your stay. You couldn’t have described our hotel and staff any better specially Jose and Francisco who are nothing short of excellent staff members. We feel very lucky having them apart of our team. We’re glad you had a magical Hilton experience enjoying our fine amenities. Thank you Hendrish for choosing the Hilton on South Padre Island and we will be honored to have the chance to host your stay again.

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was a bit over priced compared to others on the island, but overall it was clean, great view and quiet. I would recommend it and would stay here again. Bed wasn't the most comfortable, but the view was spectacular and very close to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello Tara,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us Tara! We’re glad you enjoyed our cleanliness, great views, and quiet location. We appreciate you choosing us and hope it was well worth your money and experience. We hope to see you again for your next SPI adventure until then take care.

Mission, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am sitting at the Hilton Garden Inn at South Padre as I write this review. I never write reviews of hotels, but considering the poor service, I feel compelled to warn others. As a Hilton Gold Member, I do not expect to have given a room if the management knew a PARTY would be taking place directly below us. When I called the front desk, I was told it was normal for them to have such parties here. I was also told that the party would end at 10:00PM.

When I called back to complain about the party at 10:30PM, I was told that it was going to end at 11:00PM. As my children and my wife are trying to sleep right now, the walls of my room on the fourth floor are shaking. It is truly a terrilbe experience, and I would expect better from a Hilton. I will never stay here again, and I am attempting my best to shout to everyone that can read these words that you are better off booking another hotel.

I have not been offered any remedy other than, "It is going to end shortly!" PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS REVIEW: IT IS A LOUSY EXPERIENCE! FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY, TELL EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY, AND THE SILLY AUTOMATED RESPONSE THAT WILL BE LISTED BELOW THIS REVIEW IS NOT SUFFICIENT FOR THE WRETCHED EXPERIENCE OF THE HILTON GARDEN INN SOUTH PADRE ISLAND. IT IS NOT A FAMILY HOTEL! IT IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank LUIS D
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Luis,

We truly apologize about the noise coming from below your room. We try our absolute best to accommodate every guest staying with us even those who were having the party. However, this is not an excuse and more should have been done to ensure you and your family could get a good night’s rest. I will notify the appropriate management if they are not already aware of this situation. Also, Luis our responses are never automated. We respond to each individual guest response personally as soon as possible. We assure you this isn’t a common complaint for us and disappointed we have let you down. We would feel honored if you would allow us one more chance to prove why we are the #1 rated hotel in South Padre Island on Trip Advisor.

Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The staff at this hotel is extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself was very clean and the view from our room was fantastic. Breakfast was also very good. I would have given this hotel a higher rating only that on the last day of our stay we were disappointed when we went downstairs at 6:00 a.m. to have our breakfast which was part of the package we had paid for. The times for breakfast were clearly stated on the welcome flyer. However, we soon found out that the times had changed and breakfast now was not being served until 7:00 a.m., so we had to leave without breakfast. The desk clerk told us that they just hadn't gotten around to changing the times on the welcome flyer. The water pressure at this hotel is also quite low and we had a problem with the a/c thermostat. After maintenance came by, we ended up just having to regulate the temperature manually by lowering and raising the thermostat to get the unit to turn on and off.

Dear Mary,

We appreciate you complementing almost everything about our hotel. We’re sorry about the wrong breakfast time on the welcome flyer and happy to let you know the flyer is now corrected so this will no longer be an issue. We are overjoyed you and your spouse loved the breakfast, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the great view. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you will continue to choose us during your next stay.

Best,
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is very clean, nicely spaced rooms. The Keurig coffee machine was great. Check in and out was very convenieint and quick. Beds are comfortable. Service was prompt when we requested toothpaste. The location was good to access everything on the main strip in South Padre.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Joy,

We appreciate your awesome review and kind words. We’re thrilled you and your spouse loved our hotel enjoying the cleanliness, great service, location, and the Keurig coffee machine that was recently added to all rooms. We are honored to have you as our guest and can’t wait until the next time. Thank you, Joy for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn on South Padre Island.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2013

When we stayed here the hotel was very nice, clean friendly staff. The outdoor pool area was also clean the proximity to the beach perfect. This hotel is far enough from the hustle and bustle of SPI but close enough to drive to local eaterys. I would definitely stay here again many times over. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is great but of course gulf view is 2nd to none.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay. We appreciate you complementing our hotel, staff, and location. We’re more than happy you and your spouse loved our quiet location and glad we succeeded your expectations. Thank for choosing us to stay with we feel lucky have you as our guests and would love to see you back the next time you find yourself in SPI.

Best,