“Great hotel, but...”

Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am completely satisfied with everything about this hotel--great staff, great rooms, pool, close to the beach, etc., BUT, if you are on a business trip and concerned about having a good night's sleep, then you might reconsider. I have stayed here several times over the last 2 years and I have never been able to get a good night's sleep due to stomping and yelling guests in adjacent rooms and hallways from late night to early morning hours (and my stay was not during spring break :). I also couldn't leave the balcony door open to enjoy the sounds of the surf and birds because guests in adjacent rooms were smoking on their balconies and the cigarette smoke was wafting into my room. I'll stay here again, but not for business trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth M
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and sharing your experience of your stay. We appreciate you highlighting our great staff and hotel amenities. We are sorry about the sleep quality you experienced and sad it didn’t meet your satisfaction. Thank you for repeatedly choosing us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our hotel stay was average. We were pleased with the bed comfort and the beach access was wonderful. However we found hair in the bathtub and the room smelt musty. The noise level was also pretty loud at night. The pool would have been very nice had there not been construction going on at the time.

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience regarding your stay. We want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered in your room. This I unacceptable to our standards and will be fixed immediately. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in South Padre Island.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I currently had a medical procedure done and was staying in south padre island to recooperate. Sadly I left my belongings outside of my vehicle because I was not feeling well. I left a purse which had my company name on the purse... By the next morning when I realized it was missing I went to the front office to see if for some reason I did leave it somewhere and the manager pointed to it on the back of counter saying the maintance employee found it. Come to find my iPad, cash and charger was missing! Sad to say and I'm not ONE to accuse but had it been a guest or a stranger they would've taken the entire bag NOT dig around, take what he/she wanted and left the bag there! It's hard to believe they don't have cameras in the parking and disgusting to know the employees are thieves! When I spoke to the 2 managers they seemed to care less MUCH less offer to let me view the camera footage!! The only upside of the issue is the idiot didn't take my $500.00 sunglasses maybe because he / she was too busy looking for more cash or electronics!

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Karen C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with the Hilton Garden Inn and will definitely stay there again if I travel to SPI. Although the hotel was at the very end of the strip that was not a totally bad thing as that added to the peace and quiet. Onsite store, restuarant,bar, private balcony and the fact that this was a very clean hotel made my trip a worth while one. Staff seemed to be very attentive and everyone said hello. I stayed on a Monday and it was very quiet which I really enjoyed. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garyl176

Dear guest,

We are overjoyed to read you are extremely satisfied with your stay. We are glad you took a liking to our on-site restaurant/bar, friendly staff, and your private balcony. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to share your nice comments. We hope to see your back once again for another enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room looked really nice except for the carpet. There were multiple stains. The bathroom had issues----the shower did not fully function, the toilet seat seemed loose at first but upon further examination it was broken and the drain was in early stages of clogging.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and location. However, we are very sorry about the carpet stains and bathroom issues. We are currently taking action on both issues and can assure this will no longer be a problem. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you back once again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were getting away from Houston for a couple days in So Padre after 40 year absence and wished to see So Padre Is. This hotel perfectly located to north and offers the undeveloped (or lesser developed) part of the island and yet easy access to stores & restaurants. Nice room, friendly staff very helpful and we found the restaurant to be very good for breakfast and one dinner. Offers choice of nice big pool/hot tub and/or enjoy the sand and surf a short walk away. Inside hotel is of course smoke free but there is no enforcement of smoking around the pool. A sign under a canopy roof area near the pool says "Smoking Area" which suggests they intend to enforce no smoking around the pool but clearly guests thought it was okay to smoke in pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gulf & beach and those facing North are great views. Avoid those facing south w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear guest,

We'd like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to note you enjoyed your room, our staff, pool area, and restaurant. We apologize about the smoking situation you experienced. We are indeed smoke-free inside the hotel but outside near the pool are there are locations where smoking is allowed. We are glad you had a great “get away trip” and we hope to see you in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff is very friendly, the rooms were really nice, the restaurant food was excellent. The pool and hot tub area are really nice and it is so close to the beach that if all you are going there for is to relax and get away you could stay right there and have everything you need right there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn Yvonne H
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Hilton Garden Inn regarding your stay. We are always thrilled to read a review of a satisfied guest. We are delighted you enjoyed our on-site restaurant, pool area, and beach front that made a relaxing vacation to remember. Thank you for choosing us and come visit us again to another memorable island experience.