“Biig Donkey was good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The food was good, nothing spectacular but a decent meal fir the price

There are newer reviews for Senor Donkey

Reviewed December 2, 2010

I try to read some of the more extreme reviews here with a grain of salt and I'm glad I do. Big Donkey was a nice Thursday evening dinner for my wife and I. I went in thinking I'd order their chilli rellenos but they had a tampiquena special and we both ended up ordering that -- along with margaritas.

The drinks arrived in large, heavy, chilled glasses -- not watered down, properly salted, and quite pleasant.

The dinners were nice -- a little more seasoning might have been nice, but one needn't have their head blown off with every meal -- the portions were appropriate for the price.

Service was friendly, attentive, and well timed. (although there were not a lot of diners so they weren't overly busy either.)

All in all a place I'd visit again if I was big on Mexican food. For someone who eats Mexican occasionally it was enough for this visit to town.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I, in-laws, and 2 kids ate here. The beef fajitas were good. Fajitas for 2 come with huge amount of meat. Service was quick but did not get orders correct. I ordered Charro beans instead of refried and wife ordered one of her beef enchiladas to be cheese instead of beef and neither were done. Chile Relleno was huge and full of meat and tasted very good. Great margaritas and they have a happy hour until 7 with $3 margaritas and they are pretty big and very tasty. Waiter was good but we had to ask for more chips. Prices are pretty good too.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

The food was really great. We know our tex-mex and so we were very happy that the puffy tacos and the chile relleno didn't let us down - both dishes were delicious :)! Definitely going back to the Big Donkey next time we are visiting.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Bad food, mediocre service, shrimp tasted at least 1-2 days old.
Salsa looked and tasted like it bay water in it. queso was velvetta or cheese whiz with a few chopped tomatoes in it!
Skip this place if you come to SPI - also bring plenty of drinking water!