“First time visitor”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The queso was very tasty, and they have the ever delicioso Mexican Coke in the bottle available! We had a large group with us, so the servers were a bit overwhelmed and splitting the checks turned into a problem. Overall the food and service were average.

1  Thank shutterbugbynature

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Margaritas were great I would have had a few more if our server did not take 15-20 minutes between every request. Food was not very good but they gave us a ton of it. Booth was uncomfortable but the prices were low compared to other resturaunts on the island.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Mexican food here is great and they give you big servings. We always leave here satisfied. Breakfast is really good as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Trying to decide between Italian and Mexican food for dinner we chose to eat at Senor Donkey. I'd read a few good reviews on TA so thought we'd give it a try. Upon arrival, we were seated fairly quick and served served chips and salsa. The salsa is served warm but the chips were a bit greasy. I orderd the roasted chicken which came with rice, charro beans and corn tortillas and my BF ordered the Puffy Taco plate....then we shared so we could taste a little of both. We ordered a side of guacamole which is served in 2 scoops with lettuce and tomato in the middle. It was pretty tasty. We also shared the 20 oz margarita which is advertised as the best. As far as my meal, I can't complain. The chicken was tasty and the beans were very good. The puffy taco was good as well. I wasn't impressed with the margarita as it really didn't have much of a kick. For $12.99, I would have preferred to be able to taste the liquor. The corn tortillas tasted store bought so after one bite, I passed on those. All in all, Senor Donkey is good mexican food but certainly not the best.

1  Thank Yvonnes_Travel_Tips
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Green Donkey, Big Donkey, Senor Donkey, whatever you call it it's good. Nice big drinks, good authentic food and an interesting atmosphere. They can handle as many as you want to bring with you. I had the Chile rellenos and it was good. I prefer Jose Pepper's, but this was probably more authentic. I highly recommend trying this place while on the island.