“Excellent and fun”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were rained out of the beaching seeking cover and food and Big Donkey's was a good pick. The service was superb, Thank you Michael, food was great and came out really quickly. Good chips and Salsa on the table and really great price. I will be visiting the Big Donkey again next time I'm down on SPI!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The salsa came out hot. Not spicy hot, but temperature hot. Yuck. And the crispy tacos were puffy without any flavor. Will not visit again, but it could just be that I like things with more flavor.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I do have to say the staff was very friendly and our waiter was absolutely wonderful. That being said the food didn't make high marks in my book. Being so close to the mexican border made me think the food would be delicious and authentic. It tasted like something I would get in Wisconsin back home. The margarita was TERRIBLE. I got the house special marg and it was no bueno. I am speaking for myself though, my boyfriend thought his food was good and enjoyed his beergarita. I wouldn't go again but I do have to say all the staff was friendly and atmosphere is cute!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Food was wonderful in the 9 days we spent on the island we went here three times. Service was good and staff was very friendly.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wanted a great Mexican meal, got a very fair one. Food was just okay. Waiter was attentive and very friendly, but when we paid, he left the bills but no change. He took the change! This has happened to us before, and when it does, we tip accordingly--help yourself and that's what you get. Not sure why places allow this or encourage it or why any service person would assume they are making your life easier by stealing from you, but it is annoying.

Drinks were good and atmosphere/decor was fun and relaxing, We went early in the day for dinner (4 p.m. or so). Would imagine it is hopping and noisy later in the night.