“This place has no air conditioning, only thing good is the salsa.”
Review of Senor Donkey

Senor Donkey
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“This place has no air conditioning, only thing good is the salsa.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booths are uncomfortable,service is poor - we had to hunt down our waiter to ask for our check! Our food was ok - Taco Bell quality *_* Don't bother with this place, not worth it at all.

• Visited July 2012

Lakeway
“I'll go back!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ate here with two friends. They had the daily specials (snapper) and I had a taco salad. Everyone was happy! Service was good, quick, friendly, and they didn't care that we were windblown and had sweated all day.

Its a good place to go.

Austin, Texas
“AVOID THIS PLACE”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The parking lot was always full of cars, so we thought we would try it. First thing we noticed was the terrible condition of the booths and chairs. Rips were very large in the booth seat. No big deal though. We were hungry and looking forward to the food. Well, that turned out to be a HUGE disappointment!!!! The food was the "cheap" kind of tex-mex. In fact, it was such poor quality that we had 3 bites and left hungry (and immediately went to another restaurant). We're from Austin, Texas so we know Tex-Mex food very well. The chips were the grossest thing ever. Cold, too thick, and made out of lord knows what. Service was mediocre at best. Do yourself a favor and stay away. You'd have better tex-mex from the frozen food aisle of HEB.

Plano, Texas
“Gross!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

So disappointed :( This place was formerly Mamacita's which was my favorite place on the island and had me dreaming about their food for weeks after visiting. Vacationed in South Padre again and found The Big Donkey listed as formerly Mamacita's so there was hope that it might be similar. I was so wrong. The chips and salsa were ok (I liked their salsa consistency.) I noticed they listed it on the menu for $2.00 but we didn't get charged and were given seconds without issues. I am a fajita nachos lover and can I just say it is hard to mess those up. Well they did. The fajitas they placed on the nachos were like the leftovers from someone's fajita plate. It was full of watery refried beans and the cheese tasted funny. My husband is a lover of tortas and ordered a chicken torta and was disappointed as well. The fries that accompanied his torta ended up being what we all ate along with the chips and salsa. Their margatiras were a highlight though as they were stronger than most restaurants give you and tasted great. Also they do give you large portion sizes for the price. Service was pretty good but I would much rather have good food and bad service. I wonder if we hit an off night or we just picked the two things on the menu that sucked.

South Padre Island, Texas
“Rip off....”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

They don't tell you up front but you only get one bowl of chips and one hot sauce for free...if you want more you have to pay for it....Really? The food was okay....nothing special.....would not recommend wasting your money.