“My boss loves the seafood soup”
Review of Pier 19

Pier 19
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a comfortable casual family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and diner. WE also have a full service bar.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My office goes to South Padre for a seminar each year, and my boss insists on visiting Pier 19 for the seafood soup that they make fresh when ordered. Every dish we've had there has been good . . . some, of course, better than others. The service is very good and there is a very comfortable atmosphere about the place. It's a little pricey for what's offered but, it's definitely worth visiting, and I'd definitely recommend it.

spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We all appreciate your comments and business. Thank You we look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the near future. Please join us at our other restaurants Pirate's Landing, Marcello's, Sea Ranch and Laguna Bob's.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a lovely place, we have always gotten great food and great service. The view is wonderful and you can watch the Pirate Ship sail, the dolphins jump and any other thing happening on the water. Eat inside or outside.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Returned to Pier 19 this Sunday, October 27, 2013 after not going there for quite a while. But, this will now be one of my regular stops when I'm on SPI. Not a big crowd for Sunday evening, and Johnny B (our waiter) got us started immediately. He gave us honest and good food recommendations and made us feel like we were long time customers. The nachos were better than most other island selections with fresh sliced avocado topping and not some packaged dip. I had 10 grilled shrimp (nice seasoning), two perfectly fried hush puppies and an amazing amount of sliced vegetables done just right. The pier is perfect for watching the sunset or dolphins. Don't let the trailer park scare you away.

1  Thank CaptainSPI

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were blown away by Pier 19! We went on our last evening in So Padre on a recommendation from the owner of B & S Kite Shop. I so wish we'd have saved our money at the dolphin watch cruise and just came here. We came around 5pm, saw too many dolphins to count! The restaurant sits ON the pier, so water is all around you. The menu is extensive, I had surf and turf and it was great. The shrimp was pan grilled and delicious, and I never order shrimp! My steak was cooked to my liking. The chocolate cake dessert was a little too rich. Our server was fantastic and so attentive to my fussy son. Great experience; must go!

1  Thank kiwibsr
spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We all appreciate your business and comments. Thank You and we look forward to serving you at our other restaurants as well Pier 19, Pirate's Landing, Sea Ranch, and Laguna Bob's.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Omg..excellent. I was disappointed by a meal I had at a popular establishment the night before. We decided to give this place a try. We were seated in 5 minutes, our waiter promptly introduced himself. We were told the dinner and drink specials. Our food arrived in a timely matter as well. The food was fresh, tasty and plentiful.