“Delicious food for the money!”
Review of Pier 19

Pier 19
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a comfortable casual family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and diner. WE also have a full service bar.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We've been to SPI a number of times before and somehow managed to miss this place. Never again! My son and I stopped there for lunch and I was amazed at the variety of dishes on the menu, interesting daily specials and the fantastic service. Our server was pleasant, friendly attentive and generally one of the best I've seen on the island. What was even more impressive was that the rest of the waitstaff seemed to be cut from the same cloth. Our sandwiches were cooked perfectly and seasoned perfectly. I'll definitely be back.

spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We all Thank You for the comments and business. We appreciate and look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the future. Please also join us at our other restaurants in the future Pirate's Landing, Sea Ranch, Marcello's, and Laguna Bob's.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I always thought this was just where the fishing trips left from...but after reading tripadvisor we decided to try the food.
Loved it. Great value, great selection, ample portions, sauces were wonderful. Would return without hesitation.

spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

We all appreciate your comments and business. Please join us in the future at our other locations Pirate's Landing, Sea Ranch, Marcello's and Laguna Bob's.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Pier 19 Restaurant at South Padre Island is most definitely a tourist dining destination. While the food and service are average at best it's worth a trip to the pier and Hooker's bar (at the end of the pier) to enjoy the sunset.

On my most recent visit to Pier 19 I was disappointed that the general manager and kitchen manager had failed to order enough fresh red snapper to accommodate what would obviously be a busy night. In fact, my wife and I arrived at the restaurant by 6:00 p.m. and found the restaurant to be about 3/4 filled. Therefore, it came as a surprise that the red snapper supply was already depleated for dinner service. It should be noted that while our server could not be held accountable for this oversight by the management I was not informed by the serve that the menu item had been 86ed until some thirty minutes into our wait for the food to arrive. The rest of the evening saw a consistent lack of attention by the server as drink refills were delayed and the readjusted meal arrived approximately one-hour after the original order was placed.

As a replacement for the fresh red snapper I ordered the cold combo which consisted of boiled shrimp, ceviche, and raw oysters. The boiled shrimp were large and indeed well-prepared with a good sweet and succulent flavor. The ceviche was average at best and left unfinished. The raw oysters were fresh although quite small. They certainly do not compare to the raw oysters served at Dirty Al's for a mere $6.00 per dozen on Monday nights. The other member of my party ordered the chicken Alfredo. The pasta was angel hair and not fettuccini which is proper. The Alfredo sauch appeared to be either warmed over or perhaps even from a jar. The chicken breast was cut into thick slices and was dry and bland. The quality of the food for my party was below average at best and perhaps one might even make a case for poorly prepared.

The one redeeming feature of Pier 19 is the sunset that can be found at the end of the pier in Hooker's bar. The beer is cold, the seats are comfortable, the bar staff are attentive, and the sunset is spectacular. My recommendation is walk through the restaurant and make your way to the end of the pier and enjoy a drink and a SPI sunset. You'll thank me for this recommendation.

2  Thank tltalbert
spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We appreciate your business and comments. We are a very busy restaurant and yes we do run out of items and not on purpose. There are lots of items all being sent into the kitchen at once and when we run low or out its can be a issue letting the customer and staff know the exact circumstances. I assure our intention is great food, customer service, and a memorable experience. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Time for my summer reviews of restaurants I have visited on the Island. Went to Pier 19 for lunch and had the Grouper lunch special for $8.00. Had it blackened.. Great food for the price. Came with veggies. rice, and hush puppies. The blackening was just right, not too salty or spicy. Some on the Island will burn your tongue and mouth trying to impress. Not the case here, it was done properly. Great atmosphere, great food, great service and I believe one of the best places on the Island.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have visited this place three times already and each time the service is always great!!! Big portions had the chicken Alfredo was yummy our waitress was attentive! Had a very nice personality she is the only blond and she's great at what she does!!! For sure I will visit again!!!