“Good food, great service”
Review of Yummies Bistro

Yummies Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
South Padre Island, Texas
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Really friendly waitstaff, good coffee, and in general, my top choice for breakfast on the island. Food is a better quality than most other breakfast spots on the island.

Visited October 2013

“Great breakfast, came here two days in a row.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place is...well....Yummy hah. The staff is very friendly and the food was great. Not sure if they have breakfast at all hours, but it was great. Definitely the best meal I had in SPI. If I ever come back to SPI, I will definitely come here again.

Dallas, Texas
“Yummie breakfast!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went around brunch time really, so they were serving the full menu. A little odd that their beverages, except the tea, were served in cans or bottles. Otherwise, my french toast with strawberries were very good, and my family enjoyed their meals as well. Be sure to check out the little boutique next door, I can't remember the name but very nice.

Visited October 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“More like "Yuckies" - worst breakfast”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Yummies (?) was the worst breakfast we ever had. We ate there during our recent vacation in SPI and chose it based on reviews - I had to come home and check this site because we were sure we just had the wrong place. How this overpriced, bland fare grabbed the #1 spot is beyond me. Honestly - McDonalds would have been better. We were shocked at the skimpy portions, for the price. I ordered a 4-egg omelet and wondered if they were quail eggs. It came with about 1/4 cup of very hard, tasteless, diced potatoes and ONE slice of toast - my husband ordered pancakes that were small and rubbery - and the food was cold. The server dropped the order and when she finally came back, we just asked her if they could heat our meals, she returned from the kitchen and said they were going to remake it. We were shocked when she returned with the plates - my husband had a few bites of one of three pancakes, so there were only 2 on the new plate - and my skimpy omelet shrunk to about a one egg offering (Maybe for the best because it had no flavor and barely any cheese) The chef / owner did come by the table and ask if everything was OK - my husband questioned if the pancakes were frozen - they were rubbery and bland. Of course we were told it was all fresh. Well - we finished and figured we had to have been confused and went to the wrong place. Over $30 (before tip) - and the coffee tasted like regular old coffee - nothing special - so, needless to say, this was a bust and huge disappointment. Just don't get all of the raves = we dine out frequently, all different styles and price ranges, we know a bad meal when we had one.

Austin, Texas
“The name says it all”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went for lunch and were very happy that we stopped to try it out. The staff were very friendly and the food excellent and good value for the money.